You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MCU Discussion Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Paul

Enjoyed the first episode of MK. I would have liked to have seen a proper fight at the end but they've made a decent fist of introducing the character and his dissociative identity disorder. Ethan Hawke's character seems suitably creepy as well.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Enjoyed the first episode of MK. I would have liked to have seen a proper fight at the end but they've made a decent fist of introducing the character and his dissociative identity disorder. Ethan Hawke's character seems suitably creepy as well.

Id like to have seen any fight.  They’ll not get away with covering up the ultra violence in the same manner for any more episodes.

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Id like to have seen any fight.  They’ll not get away with covering up the ultra violence in the same manner for any more episodes.

I'm happy to give them a pass on the earlier sequences simply because they're trying to establish how his identities work from the Steven perspective, but having done that I'd have liked to have seen a proper bit of ass kicking in the bathroom at the end.

Right nerds, my teenage kid wanted to watch all the Marvel films in chronological order. We boxed that off ages ago and now I don’t see her anymore. I believe there’s loads of these mini-series? Wandavision and stuff. If I start these she might reappear in the living room a few times a week. What order should I be watching them in?

Wandavision pretty much stands on its own but will need to be watched before the next Dr Strange film.

Loki has to be watched before Spiderman: No Way Home and the next Dr Strange film.

Watch the Black Widow film before Hawkeye.

You may also want to watch Netflix's Daredevil series before both Spiderman: No Way Home and Hawkeye, albeit you should be warned the violence can be brutal.

Falcon and Winter Soldier, Hawkeye and Moon Knight can be taken in any order in and of themselves.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Wandavision pretty much stands on its own but will need to be watched before the next Dr Strange film.

Loki has to be watched before Spiderman: No Way Home and the next Dr Strange film.

Watch the Black Widow film before Hawkeye.

You may also want to watch Netflix's Daredevil series before both Spiderman: No Way Home and Hawkeye, albeit you should be warned the violence can be brutal.

Falcon and Winter Soldier, Hawkeye and Moon Knight can be taken in any order in and of themselves.

So Wandavision and Loki first before the new film comes out. Nice one.

We’ve seen all the films, Black Widow, No Way Home, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Liking Moon Knight quite a lot. I was glad to see them give his Steven persona something to do other than be comic relief. The scene where he challenged Harrow over Ammunit’s kill everyone who might one day do something bad philosophy was excellent.

But, now we have to talk seriously about another aspect of the show, Disney/Marvel. I am perturbed by your portrayal of bipedal jackals as evil monsters. This is most insulting, and as both a bipedal jackal and a god, I feel I must lead the protest on behalf of abused bipedal jackals everywhere. My servants do not obey the whims of some psycho crocodilian goddess, and we behave justly in weighing hearts to see which souls will be conveyed to the underworld. I demand an apology.

#BiJRights

• Upvote 1

Enjoyed episode 3 but was frustrated with Spector during Harrow’s mini-trial in front of the gods. Should have just asked Harrow to roll up his sleeves if he had nothing to hide - toast once they saw his magic scales tatt.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.

Good, didn't love it, it's a weird mix of Marvel and Sam Raimi that doesn't quite mesh.

Sometimes it gets VERY Same Raimi (what feels like exact shots and editing choices pulled from previous films) which pulled me out of it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2022 at 17:21, TD_LFC said:

Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.

Good, didn't love it, it's a weird mix of Marvel and Sam Raimi that doesn't quite mesh.

Sometimes it gets VERY Same Raimi (what feels like exact shots and editing choices pulled from previous films) which pulled me out of it.

He should never have been let anywhere near it.