You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MCU Discussion Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the first What If..? and it was boss. Really well paced and great fun. They’ve said these stories are MCU cannon now and that some characters might appear in the films. Think I also read Captain Carter has been confirmed as such. Either way, this is a great use of the multiverse. 

• Upvote 1

On 28/04/2019 at 22:02, NoelM said:

My youngest son is 12 and has ASD, he goes to a small country primary school with 3 others in his class, he’s not very popular because of his obsessive nature and  also because he doesn’t like football or the other things that they like. He’s fixated with certain games (a Mario fanatic) and has become the biggest Avengers fan - we’ve been to the cinema to see all the movies since Civil War and he’s watched all the others countless times on DVD.

He has been totally obsessed with seeing End Game since Infinity War, we bought him Thanos Gauntlet for Halloween and he even made me a Captain America Shield out of Cardboard to “wear” when we saw it. I booked tickets for the premiere showing of End Game in Galway, it sold out 6 screens in advance.

We arrived at the cinema and he immediately saw others with Thors hammer, gauntlets, shields, helmets, t-shirts, kids spoke to him, admired his stuff and he reciprocated. He clapped along when the whole cinema applauded (when Captain America was able to wield Mjolnir), cheered (along with the whole cinema) when everyone came back before the battle and waited and booed (with the whole cinema) when the final credits rolled and there was no post-credit scene. I remember his face when he realised that there were loads of others like him and thanked the stars for the Marvel movies.

That is a beautiful story.

Children should only be part of happy stories.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Just finished the Punisher, thought series 1 was good. Series 2, couldn't wait for it to end.

Sorry, you don't get hit 4 times in the face/head(John, the hitman) with a fire extinguisher and live to tell the tale.

Fit birds in it though. 

With logic like that, Marvel ain’t for you.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Grinch said:

With logic like that, Marvel ain’t for you.

Fair point but I love Marvel. I can believe in Thanos, infinity stones and their relativity, mutants and the like but I'm guessing a twatting with an extinguisher might just hurt a mortal a bit more.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I wonder if we get to see Maguire back as Spiderman.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Maguire and Garfield heavily rumoured to be in it.

Doc Ock will be talking to his Peter Parker, doubt he'd know the Tom Holland version. Plus with Electro there, Garfield is sure to be in it too.

There’s unfortunately spoiler images of ‘certain things’ already out there, so not sure how long they can go without revealing the other stuff they didn’t show.

See what they reveal in the next set of trailers I guess.  

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

Wouldn't be a total shock if it's all to intro a Miles Morales as well, after the spiderverse success.

Aunt May works at the homeless shelter F.E.A.S.T. in the films, which is where Miles volunteers and you see Peter inside in the trailer, so I’ll be very surprised Miles doesn’t at least get a cameo after already being referenced in Homecoming by his uncle. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

In what way mate? 

Mainly because people are stupid when it comes to their made up stories.

Don't think the Iron Heart character went over particularly well in the early days of the comics and Shuri has been a bit of a divisive character (partly because of the actors views).

Rightly or wrongly (mainly wrongly) bringing her into this movie will give people the impression that it will be a Shuri/Riri Williams heavy story which, on the back of losing Downey Junior and Chadwick Boseman from the MCU, may be viewed as having replacements for two of the best loved characters forced on them (even though there's been no suggestion that Letitia Wright is being lined up to take over).

Plus, you know, they're women and black (replacing a White guy and a Black Guy) which always seems to annoy people.

I can see youtubes best and brightest sitting in front of their walls of Funko Pops complaining about Marvel's 'Wokeness" already.