You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MCU Discussion Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Paul

Have to be honest, I'm a little underwhelmed by Falcon and Winter Solder. The individual parts work well but it hasn't added up to much for me, like the story hasn't really driven forward over the last three episodes and then we'll have a sprint to the end again. It's good but it's been a bit flat for me.

Looking forward to the new Cap getting whats coming to him. The guys crazy and I can see him losing the Cap title and either being killed off or becoming the complete Anti steve Rodgers. 

Would be amazing if they somehow brought Steve Rodgers back to take him on. 

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Looking forward to the new Cap getting whats coming to him. The guys crazy and I can see him losing the Cap title and either being killed off or becoming the complete Anti steve Rodgers. 

Would be amazing if they somehow brought Steve Rodgers back to take him on. 

Rumours of a massive cameo next week. I wonder whether it’ll be old man Steve. 

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

Rumours of a massive cameo next week. I wonder whether it’ll be old man Steve. 

I've enjoyed this series a lot more than Wandervison which for me was a massive letdown. 

Its a really interesting angle on how the world has reacted to the reverse blip. Again Sebastian Stan is just fantastic as the winter soldier.

• Upvote 1

As soon as Walker rocked up in Riga, I knew he would end up getting hold of the serum. That didn't make the denouement any less shocking. That shot of Cap's blood-stained shield at the end... wow. Well, they do say power corrupts, and this was a pretty graphic example of that. Walker isn't even really a bad guy, but the responsibility of wearing that shield was already wearing heavy on him, and the serum has tipped him over the edge.

You could spend ages dissecting the themes and symbolism in this episode alone. Walker getting his arse kicked by women was the final straw in him succumbing to temptation and how that relates to toxic masculinity; about how aggressive American foreign policy can be counter-productive; how it's harder for authority figures to get away with murder now that everyone is carrying a mini video camera around with them. But it also just works as rollicking good entertainment.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

I've enjoyed this series a lot more than Wandervison which for me was a massive letdown. 

Its a really interesting angle on how the world has reacted to the reverse blip. Again Sebastian Stan is just fantastic as the winter soldier.

I really enjoyed WandaVision, even though I thought the first three episodes were incredibly self-indulgent and the last episode too rushed. For me, it was really ambitious and original but still entertaining too. 

TFATWS is less “challenging” but I think it’s much more tense, better paced and more engaging. Either way, I think they’ve both been great. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Really looking forward to seeing where they go with the John Walker element next.

Suspect we'll see one hell of a showdown between him, Falcon and Bucky.

Think he’ll be stripped of the shield first, but agreed. 

I think Sam taking back the sheild by force after giving it up so willingly will have a lot of meaning.

I hope the next episode doesn’t start with John Walker stepping down. Will feel like an opportunity missed if so. 

Will have to see how they play it out over the rest of the season, looking forward to finding out though as it’s been good. 

7 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

I find myself enjoying Zemo as a character far more than I expected to. Suave dickhead. 

I agree with this, great character and the actor nails it, I don't remember him being this cool in captain America civil war 

4 hours ago, Aventus said:

I agree with this, great character and the actor nails it, I don't remember him being this cool in captain America civil war 

Yeah. I like the way they’ve moved him on from the grieving evil mastermind of Civil War (to be fair, this is set 6 or 7 years after that film). He’s now this slightly sardonic pisstaker. 

5 hours ago, Aventus said:

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Yeah. I like the way they’ve moved him on from the grieving evil mastermind of Civil War (to be fair, this is set 6 or 7 years after that film). He’s now this slightly sardonic pisstaker. 

The bit where he's watching all the good guys fight amongst themselves while sipping wine, followed by making his exit, was one of the highlights of the last episode. I really like Daniel Bruhl. Very good actor.

Credit to Bucky s well - "Looking strong there, John."  Top twattery.

• Upvote 2

Just watched the trailer for episode 5.  Looks like it's going to pick up a bit now. 

I've enjoyed this but WandaVision was much more enjoyable.  TFATWS isn't a dud by any means (and the last two episodes could totally redeem it) but to me it's the first misfire by Marvel. 

Rumours of a Wolverine anthology series in early development for Disney+ with each series exploiting his virtual immortality and set in a different time period. As long as they get the casting right (which they usually do) that’d be a great way to give the fans exactly what they want with loads of new content involving a massive character. 

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

Rumours of a Wolverine anthology series in early development for Disney+ with each series exploiting his virtual immortality and set in a different time period. As long as they get the casting right (which they usually do) that’d be a great way to give the fans exactly what they want with loads of new content involving a massive character. 

Apparently Karl Urban is in the running for the role. 

18 minutes ago, mars said:

Apparently Karl Urban is in the running for the role. 

On one level, I think he’d be great. How old is he though? They’ve surely got to cast someone who can play the role for a good 15+ years as he’ll be appearing right across the MCU in both starring and cameo appearances like RDJ did as Iron Man. 

Edit: just checked - he’s 50 next year. Not sure that works. 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

On one level, I think he’d be great. How old is he though? They’ve surely got to cast someone who can play the role for a good 15+ years as he’ll be appearing right across the MCU in both starring and cameo appearances like RDJ did as Iron Man. 

That was my first thought - he's 48

Just Googling who is in the running for Wolverine and apparently Daniel Radcliffe is in contention. 

That would be funny as fuck. 

“Nature Made Me A Freak. Man Made Me A Weapon. And God Made It Last Too Long.....EXPECTO PATRONUM”.

From lists, I think Scott Eastwood. Everybody else is to old.