You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MCU Discussion Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Paul

It’s looking like Agatha Harkness is manipulating Wanda on behalf of a big baddie like Nightmare or Mephisto. I’m assuming they’re pushing Wanda to expand the Hex to cover the whole globe to allow the baddie to take over. This will trigger the X gene in loads of people (as we seem to be seeing with Monica becoming Photon). Looks to be setting up Dr Strange to come in at the end to intervene but I’m assuming the full battle is coming in Dr Strange 2. 

Not sure how the kids will emerge from the Hex but clearly they’ll be needed for a future Young Avengers. I assume Vision will revert to being dead and I reckon Agatha H will be “freed” from the baddie’s clutches to become Wanda’s friend/ally. 

• Upvote 1

I've been enjoying WandaVision, even if it's too short and 9 or so minutes of a mid 30miniute show is end credits.

There was a rumour the last 2 or 3 episodes were around an hour long which I hopes true for the end as I feel they are running out of time somewhat to tie everything up, although maybe Wanda will have some of her story from this series continued in Doctor Strange 2 given she's to star in that too.

Intersted to see if they do take the multiverse angle, or if it's all just illusions (Evan Peters appearance as Quicksilver for example) and if the children's fate are linked to the whole town and Wanda being brain washed/manipulated that everything in the town originates from her, in order for the bad guys to get to the children she's created.

Its been really enjoyable though.

52 minutes ago, Paul said:

It’s looking like Agatha Harkness is manipulating Wanda on behalf of a big baddie like Nightmare or Mephisto. I’m assuming they’re pushing Wanda to expand the Hex to cover the whole globe to allow the baddie to take over. This will trigger the X gene in loads of people (as we seem to be seeing with Monica becoming Photon). Looks to be setting up Dr Strange to come in at the end to intervene but I’m assuming the full battle is coming in Dr Strange 2. 

Not sure how the kids will emerge from the Hex but clearly they’ll be needed for a future Young Avengers. I assume Vision will revert to being dead and I reckon Agatha H will be “freed” from the baddie’s clutches to become Wanda’s friend/ally. 

Really like this theory about the hex expanding to the worldwide in order to bring in mutants/the X-Men to the MCU.

Means Vision could survive I guess. It’ll be a shame to see him die again as he’s been a welcome return. 

I was going with the angle in the children being taken by the actual big bad, mirroring her and her brothers childhood in being brought up by someone other than their real parents.

Then Wanda having to choose between Vision living and dying again (ie getting rid of the hex and him dying as they have already set up he can’t survive outside of it) then leaving to multiple dimensions to get the children back in Dr Strange 2.

Very much seems to be turning into a mother’s story/struggle.

Could be well off with that but looking forward to finding out how it plays out and potentially ties into Spider-Man 3 (with that rumoured Multi-Verse simply off the casting so far) and Doctor Strange 2 where the multi-verse angle is in the films title. 

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

Are there any baddies in the comics that could live up to Thanos? He was a truly great character and Josh Brolin played him perfectly. 

Galactus for me. The guy consumes planets.

Probably too soon after Thanos but it would be a great way to bring in The Silver Surfer and The Fantastic Four to the MCU.

Also, Dr Doom is a great bad guy in the comics. The past (non MCU) films he’s been in hasn’t done the character any justice. 

• Upvote 2

Really enjoyed WandaVision last night. It’s coming to the boil brilliantly. I love that after - what? - four or five previous MCU appearances, they only use Wanda’s comic book name for the first time in the penultimate episode of this. The clues for the future direction of the MCU keep shifting too. Love it.  

My anticipation for Falcon & The Winter Soldier is getting up there now, after this being so good. Only three weeks until that arrives, I think. 

Tried really hard to wait till WandaVision was finished to binge watch but gave in as it was becoming harder to avoid chatter about it. Have really enjoyed it. Given my age I remember shows like I Love Lucy and Bewitched from my childhood, so watching them turn in pitch perfect reproductions hit the nostalgia buttons. 

I’ve never seen Kathryn Hahn in anything before so pleasantly surprised at how ace she’s been. Loved the end of the song in Episode 7 where she cackles about Sparky. I also imagine there are a few new pet bunnies being named Senor Scratchy at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Those first two episodes are much more interesting on rewatch, eg Mr Hart from episode 1: "I mean, look around - there's all this chaos going on in your household".

In episode 2, Dottie says, "The devils in the detail, Bev!" to which Agnes whispers to Wanda, "That's not the only place he is." I wonder if this is as obvious a clue as the one above.

Anyway, another interminable wait for the finale - I've heard rumours it might be a longer episode, which would be brilliant.

Went back and watched Dr Strange tonight in the context of this as WandaVision runs directly into Dr Strange 2. I’d forgotten that it directly references spells and magic. Also, Agatha’s freaky looking book looks very much like those banned ones Steven is so interested in in this. 

40 minutes ago, Paul said:

Went back and watched Dr Strange tonight in the context of this as WandaVision runs directly into Dr Strange 2. I’d forgotten that it directly references spells and magic. Also, Agatha’s freaky looking book looks very much like those banned ones Steven is so interested in in this. 

Isn't one of those books missing?

Another great episode, I absolutely love this and the week long wait.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Alien and Predator have been inducted into Marvel as Disney purchased the company that owns the rights. Alien is making a debut in one of the comics apparently. 

They are comics made by marvel but they aren’t in the marvel ‘superhero’ universe.

The new Aliens comics are their own thing. 

Well that didn’t go quite the way as many people theorised but I still enjoyed the end.

Did leave some unanswered questions and it didn’t really add a great deal to the next phase of the MCU but I guess the main aim of the show was to give Wanda some backstory. 

Didn’t like the ‘Ralph Bohner’ reveal though, without spoiling anything but it’s a bit of a disappointment there.

Overall a decent show that slightly under hit against expectations but I still enjoyed it. 

Two end credit scenes on this one. 

Yeah I agree that it didn't give people the theories they wanted but that's part of the plan with Disney releasing these shows weekly; it keeps the conversation going. Suppose it's not a surprise, the MCU as thrived on playing the longer game with plot lines so there was never going to be a load of answers, specifically on White Vision here.

Agree that Peter Bohner was a disappointment, it seems it was a huge bait and switch to mess with fans. We'll see if there are longer implications or it was just that.

I enjoyed it but a rewatch would skip the first three episodes, I think.

It seemed to be about powering Wanda up to her comics level, I assume made easier because they own all the rights now. The post credits scene had echoes of Steven Strange so that links up with her next appearance. Also, Jimmy Woo for new SWORD director.

38 minutes ago, Juniper said:

On the end credits of ‘Spider-Man Far From Home’ it showed Nick Fury travelling through space with the Skrulls and of course he knew Rambeau’s mum, so it’s just a tease really to her maybe joining Fury moving forward.

There's going to be a Skrulls show too. So she could be appearing in that as well as Captain Marvel 2.

I really enjoyed it. A superhero TV show about love and grief is really entertaining. Who knew? Loads of questions left but Agatha is obviously coming back on Wanda’s side at some point. Interesting that she was described as “more powerful than the sorcerer supreme” and then splits and controls her physical and astral selves at the end. 

White Vision with memories recovered is great news. Monica Rambeau off to see Nick Fury, ditto. I’m also looking forward to seeing how they bring Wiccan and Speed back. 

Overall, loads of threads left dangling to theorise about - and that’s what’s most appealing: they keep us thinking/talking  about the MCU. 

• Upvote 2