You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

If no Firmino i personally would rather see this than Origi or Sturridge stinking out a place they aren't up to in a front 3.

Alisson 

TAA Matip VVD Robbo

Fabinho

Henderson           Gini
               Keita

Salah   Mane

• Upvote 1

If no Firmino I'd go:

4-2-3-1

Alisson, TAA, Matip (or Gomez) VVD, Robertson: Fabinho, Gini: Keita (left), Hendo (right), Mane behind Salah.

Origi away vs Porto was really poor.  Sturridge just won't work hard enough. Shaqiri I don't think Klopp trusts defensively.

Milner could play on the right ahead of Hendo, but I think Henderson has more speed to get forward on the counter.

I suppose the only possible positive with Origi is that he is quick and they are slowish at back.

If we could just be sure he would actually take the ball with him he might be OK - chasing his first touch as it goes out of play is not so useful.

40 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Looks like this isnt’ Marty’s first rodeo.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=165455.40;wap

The airport was nuts. We all just got herded in there by the crazy Italian riot police and Marty Mullen set a fire extinguisher off (his usual party piece) and all of a sudden there was chaos.

Half of us piled through the doors onto the runway - so much for passport control! - and there were planes taking off around us.

Everyone was just told to get on any plane and I can remember lads asking stewardesses "does this one go to Liverpool love?"

We ended up getting on an Air France flight, sneaking upstairs to first class and pretending to be asleep when the stewardess came round to check whether everyone was in the right place.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve been quite a few big Euro aways and we do seem to have more dick heads following us than we’d like to admit. A minority yes but it is a sizeable minority. Just looking at the Echo site where ‘fans’ are throwing missiles at the police. We let ourselves down time and again. I seen it at Istanbul where all the programme sellers were mugged off, everyone found it funny but it really wasn’t, the fella announcing that the stage could collapse, which just made more Fans mount it and start jumping. Loads of scousers on tour living upto the stereotype. Athens, where UEFA branded us as some of the worst fans and we all took offence, having a go at Platini and His mates. Because the stadium wasn’t a football stadium and organisation was poor, doesn’t mean we have to act like cunts though. Barca in the square where it happened last night, when Bellamy scored. Loads of knob heads just out to cause grief to locals. On the rob. Load of fans picked up a local tramp that afternoon and threw him in that fountain where most fans had been pissing in it all day. We can all say it’s a very small minority and it is. But we have more knob heads following us than we like to admit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LF:D said:

Or assist like he’s been doing well of late!

He has, he has, I actually think tonight is exactly the sort of game we need Henderson for. Tactical work, blocking off passes, creating space for others and making interceptions. I think he will be our best player tonight.