You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

27 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

This bellend needs filling in. 

Screenshot_20190501-093333.png

It's not Brian Reade is it??

Hopefully the dickhead is named and shamed

What makes me laugh is all the guardians of what's good and just on Twitter try to take the moral high ground by throwing in the cheap Hillsborough reference's ("victims and never you fault") or Justice for Heysel (most couldn't even tell you what country Heysel is in) without even a hint of irony.

I think as a Liverpool fan we have always had a confidence/arrogance when it comes to European football. Our history plays a massive part in this. 

I remember a few years ago when Arsenal got Bayern all their fans were "we are fucked" whereas we (despite not being in the European cup) were "we could beat Bayern" 

Self believe is a massive plus and I believe people saying "we will beat Barcelona, they are not much" is not being dismissive as such but the self confidence we have with ourselves within European football. 

The narrative, in relation to City/Spurs has been it takes time to get used to being in Europe, whereas we are Liverpool we know Europe, hence back in and straight to the final, it is what we do. 

However, come kick off I will be shitting myself.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I think as a Liverpool fan we have always had a confidence/arrogance when it comes to European football. Our history plays a massive part in this. 

I remember a few years ago when Arsenal got Bayern all their fans were "we are fucked" whereas we (despite not being in the European cup) were "we could beat Bayern" 

Self believe is a massive plus and I believe people saying "we will beat Barcelona, they are not much" is not being dismissive as such but the self confidence we have with ourselves within European football. 

The narrative, in relation to City/Spurs has been it takes time to get used to being in Europe, whereas we are Liverpool we know Europe, hence back in at straight to the final, it is what we do. 

Sorry, had to neg you for using the N word. 

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah, I’ve developed an irrational hatred of the word. I see it used everywhere at present.

Dont sweat it Tony.

In fairness, he did use the word "hence" which is pretty good giving the context of the forum

45 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The narrative, in relation to City/Spurs has been it takes time to get used to being in Europe, whereas we are Liverpool we know Europe, hence back in and straight to the final, it is what we do. 

no-one at the club apart from Dalglish, George Sephton and the tea lady know Europe any more than City or Spurs.   That narrative is shite, sadly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, stringvest said:

no-one at the club apart from Dalglish, George Sephton and the tea lady know Europe any more than City or Spurs.   That narrative is shite, sadly.

I was on about the fan base, in relation to the apparently dismissive attitude towards Barcelona

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Stickman said:

It's not Brian Reade is it??

Hopefully the dickhead is named and shamed

What makes me laugh is all the guardians of what's good and just on Twitter try to take the moral high ground by throwing in the cheap Hillsborough reference's ("victims and never you fault") or Justice for Heysel (most couldn't even tell you what country Heysel is in) without even a hint of irony.

And barely a mention  of Spurs fans fighting with ajax fans in the street last night and injuring 3 police officers.