You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Yeah, but he's still naive. Certainly shouldn't be winning the away games by attacking. Naive in the extreme. Doesn't he know that playing away he should employ defensive tactics. Naive as fuck. 

Disagree. Klopps tactics made us contain them for over 80 minutes. They hardly had a shot on target, and our balance between attack and defence was perfect.

The quality of the final pass and finishing decided this game, not tactics.

• Upvote 7

30 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Disagree. Klopps tactics made us contain them for over 80 minutes. They hardly had a shot on target, and our balance between attack and defence was perfect.

The quality of the final pass and finishing decided this game, not tactics.

He was taking the piss.

Shit result but it's not like they absolutely battered us. The scoreline makes it look way worse than how we played.

Barca did to us what we've did to Porto, they didn't have a huge amount of play then one chance and a quality forward and we're one down. Then just picked us off taking their chances when they got them, including a fluke bounce for the second and then a superb free kick.

We've done exceptionally well all season and for the level of squad depth we have we've over achieved in my opinion. 

This and the league both look like they probably won't happen now, but teams have thrown away games or league titles from far stronger positions than Barca and City are in.

Just have to try and win our next 3 games no matter what and see how things pan out. 

The whole Barca are shit bullshit before the match was ridiculous, reminiscent of how Bayern would supposedly roll over and die easily because they are old and shit. 

We've just lost to a team which has someone who is probably the best player the world has ever seen, who is playing next to someone who is arguably the most talented player to ever play for is (not greatest, just most talented) and the player who holds the record for our highest transfer sale.

They are far from fucking shit. Except Coutinho who did against us what he did for us several times of not really having any influence on the game at all. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Check out @btsportfootball’s Tweet:

Biased redshite pundits

Let Duckface have his moment of fun he still gave me the funniest moment of the season and thank fuck the Utd board listened to him

• Upvote 2

We played awesome last night. That result was really not the picture of the game. 

A couple of things I found really odd was Gomez at RB. I understand the sentiment of playing him there, but TAA's contribution to our offensive play is more important when we come out with intend to go toe to toe with them.

Not playing Firmino when he is ready was really odd aswell, or if not ready why not Origi on the left with Mané in the middle we've seen that work pretty well, and subs have always been Klopp's weak point through out his career.

But we gave them a game albeit a little naive at the end. It can be turned around but they are so dangerous on the counter that it's basically over, but we have to go full strenght and at them. Especially Suarez the fucking cunt. I forgave him all his shit when he was here, after those insane celebrations last night he can go die of horrible shithouse aids and he can take Coutinho with him.

Messi is just fantastic and everyone should be blessed to have seen him play. 

Shit result, but well fought and played by the lads. 

8 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

The player I was most disappointed with tonight was Mo.

Apart from the shot that he had saved he was pretty ineffective and very lacklustre.

Was dreadful first half. Improved slightly in the 2nd half, but wasn't that much better overall.

Compare him to Mane, who ran himself into the ground for the team and never stopped trying until the final whistle. He must be a fucking nightmare to play against.

I think that’s unfair and incorrect. 

He frequently ghosted past players. His touch was great. 

He he missed a good chance. 

There were much lower performing players out there. 

• Upvote 2

The Messi love-in last night was thoroughly bizarre. He scored and it was a good free kick and all the rest of it but it was hardly Marradona vs England. No talk at all of that embarrassing roly-poly shit he pulled on the touchline or his constant moaning. Fucking Waitrose Paolo Di Canio.

If the lad farts it's like 'oooh we're in the presence of farting greatness here Gary'.

It's basically a bunch of middle aged has been pundits that don't get invited to many gigs and seem grateful to have just been allowed to watch someone their flaky kids are into because of all the ott PR Barcelona have been able to peddle for so long. 

Zidane is still the best player I've seen. Messie has never been an underdog, never had to scrap, always been in arguably the best club side in the world,  a club with enough bank to go out every year and poach everyone's players purely to surround and augment him. It's telling that he's never reached the same heights internationally or ever wanted to test himself in another league or club.

Barcelona in general bring out the worst in modern football fandom to me. They're every 10-year-old kid's 'second team' - a generational concept I find bizarre anyway. Beloved of people who don't actually like football, but have grown up playing FIFA and think it's all about battering everyone five nil in every match because you've got all the best players. The type of people who'd start looking at their phone if their own team didn't score for half an hour and had set out its stall not to lose to a superior opponent. You know. Like most of actual football.

They should just put Barcelona in their own league and let them play against disabled sides ever week while their idiot international fans pay 200 quid to watch it and stand there wanking and taking selfies, then take their kid for a 100 pound shirt because the wife told him to because her mates' kids have all got theirs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The Messi love-in last night was thoroughly bizarre. He scored and it was a good free kick and all the rest of it but it was hardly Marradona vs England. No talk at all of that embarrassing roly-poly shit he pulled on the touchline or his constant moaning. Fucking Waitrose Paolo Di Canio.

If the lad farts it's like 'oooh we're in the presence of farting greatness here Gary'.

It's basically a bunch of middle aged has been pundits that don't get invited to many gigs and seem grateful to have just been allowed to watch someone their flaky kids are into because of all the ott PR Barcelona have been able to peddle for so long. 

Zidane is still the best player I've seen. Messie has never been an underdog, never had to scrap, always been in arguably the best club side in the world,  a club with enough bank to go out every year and poach everyone's players purely to surround and augment him. It's telling that he's never reached the same heights internationally or ever wanted to test himself in another league or club.

Barcelona in general bring out the worst in modern football fandom to me. They're every 10-year-old kid's 'second team' - a generational concept I find bizarre anyway. Beloved of people who don't actually like football, but have grown up playing FIFA and think it's all about battering everyone five nil in every match because you've got all the best players. The type of people who'd start looking at their phone if their own team didn't score for half an hour and had set out its stall not to lose to a superior opponent. You know. Like most of actual football.

They should just put Barcelona in their own league and let them play against disabled sides ever week while their idiot international fans pay 200 quid to watch it and stand there wanking and taking selfies, then take their kid for a 100 pound shirt because the wife told him to because her mates' kids have all got theirs.

Messi is absolutely fantastic and trying to discredit that brilliance is sour grapes. Sign of a great player is to seem to be having a quiet game and then pop up just when it matters,as he did. The one thing that struck me was just how tired we looked late in the game just before they made it 2-0,the exact opposite of how we've looked almost all season. I think questions can be asked regarding TAA being dropped for Gomez,who I think is a pretty average full back and Firmino not starting if on the bench. An away goal would really have helped but I think we just have too much of a mountain to climb at home,although I'd target their goalie,Ter Stegen, on crosses.

19 minutes ago, J-V said:

I woke up feeling pissed off.

My overriding feeling too, same as after the Man Utd match. We let an opportunity for at least an away goal slip through a combination of poor finishing and, I really think, Klopp not being that little bit more proactive and bringing Firmino on sooner when we were bossing the match.

Look even against Huddersfield after we scored first goal Trent had a poor 10 mins were every touch every bit of positioning went wrong. Now he recovered his composure but only after Gini had bust a gut for 15 mins helping him out . So I can see klopp's logic ref right back and trying to keep it tight first half.  Personally I thought he would play fab there for first half then bring Trent. Gomez was a left field choice cause we all remember how he gets caught out positionally at right back. Overall apart from a collective defensive lapse it worked then we all know story of second half. They did to us what we have been doing to some teams playing poorly for 60 mins then coming out with 2 or 3 nil wins . Basically our luck ran out just like it did with city in league unfortunately these two games could define our season.