You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Seen loads of people moaning about Suarez. He was always going to celebrate if he scored and all the stuff he comes out with about loving Liverpool is just hot air. He tried to force his way out of the club a few times and acted like a twat a lot of the time he was here. Were shit while he was here so he had no reason to be loyal to us. Don't know why people are surprised or angry about him. 

interesting interview - I think Suarez is just professional, myself. His family will return to Anfield for the second leg however. Seems his eldest is a fan.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/26/luis-suarez-interview-barcelona-liverpool-any-player-join

Couple of observations.

(1) Suarez. 

What a Grade A, human fucking rat. I've never liked him even when he was banging them in for us. He's the antithesis of everything I expect and want from a Liverpool player, a Dalglish antichrist.

I've never seen any of his interviews and besides which I don't speak cunt, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's got something seriously wrong with him.

I find it genuinely embarrassing and small time how much some of our fans still coo over him. The official Twitter feed was even tweeting some of his old goals the other week.

Hopefully all this fucking 'ah but do you remember when?' Shite can be put to bed now once and for all. Utter, Utter cunt.

(2) Sallah still shits the bed in big games for me. Great player scores goals yada yada but you need you top players to be a talisman in situations like this and I saw none of that, and not for the first time. Some effort and a few 'aw shucks' moments, but we needed more. 

(3) All round I was proud of the team. This was a world away from the final debacle against Madrid. We were more than a match for them in every department and didn't look overrawed in the slightest. Great things are around the corner for this team. City are their own finished article, we're still building and yet have still matched them on the pitch. Having had our fingers burned many times with players (had to watch Suarez and Coutinho tonight with commentary from Mcmanaman and Owen, talk about a panoply of Judas cunts) so I hope the likes of Mane and Sallah don't do the usual shit and fuck off to one of these abhorrent Spanish shithouse clubs that divvy their league up every year just like the Scottish league on steds) but if they do we have the right man at the helm.

• Upvote 8

Guest Alex_K

Having used the Keita thread as a platform to bemoan how poor he has been for the vast majority of this season, he started the game really really well tonight. Rakitic summoning the spirit of Ramos to show Barca won't be out-cunted by Madrid.

Keita going off directly led to their first goal as it meant the whole midfield was re-shuffled (Henderson came on and went right, Milner came from the right to the far left) and created that passage of play out on our right from which Suarez scored. Absolute sucker punch.

3 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

interesting interview - I think Suarez is just professional, myself. His family will return to Anfield for the second leg however. Seems his eldest is a fan.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/26/luis-suarez-interview-barcelona-liverpool-any-player-join

Yes, he's such a professional. What with the biting, snide stamps, punches, elbows, playacting and verbal abuse of players and officials pretty much every game. But he celebrated against his former team so he's professional. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Check out @btsportfootball’s Tweet:

Biased redshite pundits

I try not to wish harm to people over a football match but shit like that makes it quite hard. At the least I hope they next time they're driving their car gets 5 flat tires.

Guest Alex_K

Separately, Klopp tried to be too clever tonight. Gomez comes in for - what - his first 90 minutes in 2019 in a position he has always been dubious in? And Wijnaldum plays in a position he has never, ever played in over 100 games for the club? No - you don't do that tonight.

It’s strange how they call for people to support the English teams in Europe unless it’s someone they don’t want to win it. That said, I don’t want that prick Lineker or that manc cunt wanting us to win, I want it to hurt them when we do. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

At least I don't need to watch any more football this season. Three dead rubbers then I can say fuck off to this sport for a few months.

You sound like you think watching this magnificent team has been a chore.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Seen loads of people moaning about Suarez. He was always going to celebrate if he scored and all the stuff he comes out with about loving Liverpool is just hot air. He tried to force his way out of the club a few times and acted like a twat a lot of the time he was here. Were shit while he was here so he had no reason to be loyal to us. Don't know why people are surprised or angry about him. 

What made us love him so much is what makes him so dislikable to others. Of course he was always gonna celebrate and of course he was always gonna act the cunt. Not because of any feeling of ill will towards us but because that’s who he is.

he would stab you in the eyes if it meant he could beat you at hide and seek.

i can’t find it in me to be angry at him.

hes exactly who he always was, and always will be, and for a few years he was “out cunt” and he made some pretty dark days feel pretty special, and made me laugh out loud and bounce on air during the title bid under Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

I didn't think Messi was as good tonight as everyone is making out. I'm probably wrong. 

You might be right.  Any half-decent striker would have been in the position to score that rebound.  For most of the rest of the game he was well-marshalled.

That fucking free-kick, though...

16 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You sound like you think watching this magnificent team has been a chore.

No, it's been thrilling, but it seems so unfair that the hard work by everyone is all for nothing. I find it harder to deal with than the Hodgson years. At least back then we expected fuck all. I can accept us being shit and not winning anything; I can't accept it when we're as great as this.

42 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I try not to wish harm to people over a football match but shit like that makes it quite hard. At the least I hope they next time they're driving their car gets 5 flat tires.

Did Messi really "take the game to the next level"?

I feel like I'm in an alternate reality. 

50 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I hope they go to a restaurant in Florence, order the tiramisu, then get turfed out before it arrives.

• Upvote 1

As well as we played tonight I think Klopp is still naive when it comes to European football. He could do with learning a few things from Houllier or Rafa about stifling the shit out of teams on the road.