You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

Just now, an tha said:

How long we gonna keep trotting out the same story though when it comes to the crunch.

"A bit of luck"

"If only"

"We were great, but"

It keeps happening when we face the crunch and it is the same old 'we should have.... could have...we were unlucky.... if only this...if only that...."

We simply do not win when it really matters and when up against proven winners.

The misses from Mane, Milner and Salah are bad, in the same game away in a CL semi they are criminal....total lack of composure in massive moments.

A team of winners take at least 1 of those chances, probably 2 and maybe all 3.

Oh we'll get all the plaudits about playing well and causing them problems etc...but they'll take what really matters....meanwhile we'll console ourselves with "if only, but, just needed to etc"

You are right.

Still, I’m proud of this team, and the performance they gave tonight. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sucker punch yes. We were the better side for big parts. If I was a neutral and was going to pick one side at one venue to overturn a 3 nil deficit to Barcelona I would pick Liverpool. At Anfield. 

This isn't over and anyone thinking that can fuck off. 

6 days. This is us. They won't know what has fucking hit them on Tuesday. 

I'm absolutely with you, in this.

If the players can go out and just 'do their thing' then we'll certainly take it to them again. Klopp will have learned from this, too. His selection didn't pay off, and if he's brave, he'll get it right next week.

I still say City can drop points in the league as well - Leicester coming good under B-Rod.

T H I S   I S N T   O V E R.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

5-1 at home it is then. This game was a sickener. 

We're due some luck, let's hope it's Dodgers doing citeh 0-2 at the emptyhad. 

We need more than luck for that dipshit to pull that off.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

How long we gonna keep trotting out the same story though when it comes to the crunch.

"A bit of luck"

"If only"

"We were great, but"

It keeps happening when we face the crunch and it is the same old 'we should have.... could have...we were unlucky.... if only this...if only that...."

We simply do not win when it really matters and when up against proven winners.

The misses from Mane, Milner and Salah are bad, in the same game away in a CL semi they are criminal....total lack of composure in massive moments.

A team of winners take at least 1 of those chances, probably 2 and maybe all 3.

Oh we'll get all the plaudits about playing well and causing them problems etc...but they'll take what really matters....meanwhile we'll console ourselves with "if only, but, just needed to etc"

You missed my favourite one

"Why do teams try against us but roll over for the other team. They're shit and can be got at but no one really tries."

3 minutes ago, Onkalo said:

At least most of you lucky bastards get to go to bed soon, I’ve got another five or more hours of sulking here. 

I have a university assignment deadline for midday tomorrow so pulling an all nighter. My sulk will be worse.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

I love this club and we do not deserve to be empty handed at the end of the season.

This.

But I've been quietly dreading that it might be double or nothing this season.

I just want to beat Newcastle now - not even interested in next Tues by comparison.

We deserve to put the pressure on City one last time and take the title to the last day.

I desperately want City to have to win it, not us lose it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Gotta be honest I’m sick of it as well, only so many kicks to the bollocks you can take

I'm just sick of noble failure and moral victories. That might be good enough for some fans, but not me.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Were out, there’s is absolutely no doubt whatsoever about that, the league is gone as well, how the hell we pick ourselves up after this crushing season I have no idea, truly the worst of all disappointments in my life supporting us, just no words, the summer can’t come quickly enough

I found losing to Stoke 6-1 and Palace 3-1 in Stevie's last game at Anfield much worse.

Just now, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

You are right.

Still, I’m proud of this team, and the performance they gave tonight. 

I thought we were good...except for what really matters.

Maybe this is all part of the journey on the road back and it will happen for us soon - hard to see it right now, but we'll keep hoping!

• Upvote 1

The Suarez hit the bar and falls to Messi goal, was pretty lucky in that it fell to Messi and not on the head of one of our guys.

His freekick was the sort of thing that made you love footy when you first start watching it though. I love great goals so I did enjoy it even though he is a cunt. Although a magnificent one it has to be said.

Point is, if you take away those 2 goals it could easily have been 1-0. We don't hit the post and even at 3-1 it's still a different game. It's not though. And my ass hurts. 

3 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Roma scored three to knock these cunts out last year. Turn the furnace up to eleven and melt these pricks at Anfield next Tuesday. It isn't over,

We are going to have to score at least five, with our forwards.