You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

Sucker punch yes. We were the better side for big parts. If I was a neutral and was going to pick one side at one venue to overturn a 3 nil deficit to Barcelona I would pick Liverpool. At Anfield. 

This isn't over and anyone thinking that can fuck off. 

6 days. This is us. They won't know what has fucking hit them on Tuesday. 

• Upvote 8

Klopp got the team completely wrong. He always seems to do so in big games like this.

Didn't understand that starting line up. Stunk of trying to be too clever.

Our greatest assests are TAA and Robbo. Look at the number of asisists

Feel for Trent tonight as he's earnt his chance to play at the Nou Camp.

We were on a fucking roll. Keep the team as it is. If Bobby wasn't properly fit, then Origi or Shaq instead.

Maybe Klopp and us are the perfect couple.

Cursed and always doomed to fail when it really counts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

People talking loads of shit 

Bobby was not fully fit and had to be brought on. Gini at the head of midfield stop Busquets from dictating the game. We lost out with the attacking threat. Gomez was less likely to get caught out by Alba. They had very few good chances till we chased at 3-0. 

Milner takes that chance at 1-0 different game

Firmino shot/Salah post and its a 2-0 win at home to progress. 

Small margins

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Why is it a farce?

If you don't take your chances, you're asking to be fucked.

More of an issue with our league and trying to keep up with Man City and not thinking it's that fair really. Not so much what happened in this game.

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The away goal at 3-0 was more important than just seeing it out. The tie was dead without a away gothe game changed with Milner miss and the last salah/Firmino miss just sealed it

The tie is not dead yet, they lost to roma last season when they were ahead 4-1 

10 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Awful night for Klopp. The Gomez and Wijnaldum positional selections were catastrophic. And the changes were far too slow.

Is right but we already knew neither of those work in those positions that's the most gailing thing.

2 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Gomez at right back and Gini leading the diamond were terrible selections. I love Klopp, absolutely don’t want him gone, but neither of those things should ever happen again and especially the former.

Can we do it at home? Sure it’s possible. Will we? Probably not. More than likely those cunts will score one.

Disagree. TAA is normally our weak spot in defence, and I think we would’ve struggled more with him. They created two chances for the first 85 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Going to be some proper pricks on here and online. 

We were as good if not better for 75mins. A bit of luck with there second and a great freekick(that wall was well over 10 yards back). Poor finishing cost us, 

How long we gonna keep trotting out the same story though when it comes to the crunch.

"A bit of luck"

"If only"

"We were great, but"

It keeps happening when we face the crunch and it is the same old 'we should have.... could have...we were unlucky.... if only this...if only that...."

We simply do not win when it really matters and when up against proven winners.

The misses from Mane, Milner and Salah are bad, in the same game away in a CL semi they are criminal....total lack of composure in massive moments.

A team of winners take at least 1 of those chances, probably 2 and maybe all 3.

Oh we'll get all the plaudits about playing well and causing them problems etc...but they'll take what really matters....meanwhile we'll console ourselves with "if only, but, just needed to etc"

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

At least I don't need to watch any more football this season. Three dead rubbers then I can say fuck off to this sport for a few months.

If any post summed up this fucking loser of a human then this is it. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

At least I don't need to watch any more football this season. Three dead rubbers then I can say fuck off to this sport for a few months.

Dead rubbers my arse! 

The dreams may seem tossed and blown but it’s not over in the league until it’s over. This tie barring a miracle is a step too far.

It's going to be a big ask now. 

We've just got to throw everything at them. 

Valverde changing to a 4-4-2 had a big effect on the game. We were playing through their midfield with ease up until then and looked like getting their back four isolated all the time. When they made the change, we struggled to break through and were going longer and more direct from the back and surrendering possession. 

3-nil is kind of harsh. They did score 2 brilliant goals though. We should have had an away goal or two, but we're let down by either a poor final ball or shite finishing (oh, Mo!). If one of those goes in, even 3-1 is recoverable. 3-zip is a huge ask though. I think we're done. But, stranger things have happened... 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Gotta be honest I’m sick of it as well, only so many kicks to the bollocks you can take

• Upvote 1