You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wonder who these fans would suggest could do a better job than him?. It will be some flavour of the month young foreign coach or Alan Curbishley.

I asked someone who was having a go at Klopp on U.S. LFC supporters

Facebook group. He said “the Ajax manager” (just like that, didn’t even name him) then said he “semi-jokes with his cousin that they should hire El Piejo Herrera who coached Mexico in WC 2014.”

The unfortunate conclusion I’ve came too is that the world was always like this with people chatting shit about things they don’t have a clue about and the main the difference is that social media sites like Facebook and Instagram have brought it out in the open.

Hey, without the hysterical fannies we wouldn't be 47 pages into discussing whether or not Klopps gash or not.

They have their place and Klopp is ace and those who disagree are somewhat of a disgrace but to say they're misplaced is a downright pisstake.

Posted from a lake whikst eating cake*.

* Joking, that part was fake. Oh, the joy one makes.

There was nothing wrong with Klopp's selection or subs on Wednesday. If world class strikers miss sitters and Messi scores a worldie what is he supposed to do ?  Manager deserves credit for bossing the game for long periods and doing enough to get a result had Salah , Mane and Milner not had collective nosebleeds. 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, magicrat said:

There was nothing wrong with Klopp's selection or subs on Wednesday. If world class strikers miss sitters and Messi scores a worldie what is he supposed to do ?  Manager deserves credit for bossing the game for long periods and doing enough to get a result had Salah , Mane and Milner not had collective nosebleeds. 

I think its a wee bit more complicated than this. Do you honestly think Gomez would 'click' with Mo as well as TAA has most of this season? After being sidelined for so long? I'm not saying he shouldn't have started Gomez, but I do think TAA would have assisted Mo to goals on Wed.

Anyway, time to roll up the sleeves at Anfield. I'm getting excited now. We can make this the greatest turnaround in sporting history.

Why do I dream?? Because these guys make me dream!

Probably deluding myself but feel we have a real chance, Barca have lost 3-0 to Roma last year, 4-0 to juve 2 seasons ago and 4-0 to PSG they are a different entity away from home. I hope we give Suarez a really hostile reception, could easily see him getting himself sent off.

Great player Suarez but the love in for him is cringe, just like Coutinho they angled moves...

if it wasn’t for Gerrard he’d have fucked off to Arsenal, yet he’s getting touted as being a legend, fuck him.

Get right under his skin Tuesday, I can’t wait for the match and if we score early who knows what can happen, if it’s any team that can turn it around this team can.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Trojan1892 said:

Great player Suarez but the love in for him is cringe, just like Coutinho they angled moves...

if it wasn’t for Gerrard he’d have fucked off to Arsenal, yet he’s getting touted as being a legend, fuck him.

Get right under his skin Tuesday, I can’t wait for the match and if we score early who knows what can happen, if it’s any team that can turn it around this team can.

Agree with most of this.

Read somewhere he’s taking his family to the match at Anfield, and at least one of his kids is a Liverpool supporter.

A really hostile welcome may make him lose his head completely...

Managed to swing a free ticket off my mate who works for BT Sport for this. Hope Suarez gets a seriously hostile reception. I hope they all do. Needs to be a fucking cauldron of noise and passion. Get right into them from the get go and don't stop. Make it what it is. A European Cup semi-final against Barcelona for the chance to go on and lift number 6. We showed more than enough in the first leg to show we can match them and beat them. Even if its nil nil at Half Time I still believe we are capable with this side of doing anything. Hope to god Bobby is fit for it. 

Fuck them. This is Anfield. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

...Hope Suarez gets a seriously hostile reception. I hope they all do...

I can't promise anything. I'd have to put my thermos flask down to clap and generally make an unruly din.

Trying to get Suarez sent off would be a daft tactic, it's basically playing him at his own game, there will only be one winner in that scenario and it won't be us. We rough him up and he will roll around until the referee blows his final whistle.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Trojan1892 said:

And Gerrard might easily have fucked off to Chelsea even though he is a local lad. Let's not paint these players as anything more than exceptionally talented and extremely well paid workers who are privileged to work in a job they adore. The age of loyalty and a true bond to club and fans are,except for the odd exception,a thing of the past.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Fuck knows how we approach this game if Mo and Bobby are out. 

Cannot play Sturridge 

He offers fuck all

Got to be Mane, Shaqiri and Origi surely

I think the team has to depend on what happens with City on Monday. If, by some miracle, they drop points then there’s no point whatsoever in risking a title on what is almost certainly a dead tie. 

If if they win though, then it’s still worth going for and yeah, that frontline has to be the best bet.