You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

49 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Their player goes down faking injury and we kick it out despite having possession on the half way line.  Coutinho kicks it out for a goal kick which they can press from our box.  It’s snide and not in the spirit of the game.

That really pissed me off actually. I don't think any team should ever kick the ball out for a player being down anyway. It shouldn't be part of the game because, as you say, some of the time, perhaps even most, it's just someone acting the cunt for tactical reasons. 

• Upvote 1

d82gven2b0001.jpg

THE GUEST: “Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb on a team bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do?”

article-2181106-1431F9D7000005DC-537_468

RF: “I’d want to know what bus it was.”

d82gven2b0001.jpg

TG: “You think I’m going to tell you that?”

article-2181106-1431F9D7000005DC-537_468

RF: “Yes.”

d82gven2b0001.jpg

TG: “Good. There are rules, Cuntface, and I want you to get this right. No Barcelona player gets off the bus. You try to cut the bomb’s wires with Suarez’s teeth, I’ll detonate it.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

It will be fine till half time.

If we're 1-0 up and pressing after 20 mins it will be "game on" for every soul watching. Still a huge climb, maybe to much to overcome, but we'll be in there figthing!

Game on! Yes ! Indeed!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Reckon Klopp has seen Trent roasted in the league positionally a few times and knew we couldn’t afford any such slip-ups when playing them in the Nou Camp.

On the other hand, he’s obviously light years ahead of Gomez in possession with the ability to provide world class deliveries, and especially with Joe coming back from such a long absence, that side of Trent’s game was a huge loss to us. 

He’ll start on Tuesday, I’m sure.

The only player that would roast Trent last night was Dembele and he didn't play until the end.  It was a bad decision especially considering what Trent adds in attacking terms the length of time Gomez has been out plus he's terrible at right back.

8 minutes ago, J-V said:

The only player that would roast Trent last night was Dembele and he didn't play until the end.  It was a bad decision especially considering what Trent adds in attacking terms the length of time Gomez has been out plus he's terrible at right back.

A fucking bin man playing for Cardiff roasted Trent the other week.  Sergio Busquets in about 10 years time with his shoes on the wrong feet would probably outpace him.  He cannot defend to compensate for the lack of pace either.  The fucking “only player” what game have you been watching?

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

You ever watched El Classico? Genuinely I find those games unwatchable. 

Yes I have and those two teams have spanked is in the CL in successive years so they must be doing something right. We simply have to learn some of those ways to manipulate officials otherwise we will constantly be nearly men. You need cunts in your team and we havent got nearly enough.

• Upvote 3

Still fucking sickened from last night. Actually reflects our season, fucking brilliant for the most part and just things won’t go our way. I’m feeling lost right now, we’re a great team but how long can we keep it together, would cunt Guardiola just fuck off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Still fucking sickened from last night. Actually reflects our season, fucking brilliant for the most part and just things won’t go our way. I’m feeling lost right now, we’re a great team but how long can we keep it together, would cunt Guardiola just fuck off.

I want us to beat Guardiola while he's here.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, The Guest said:

A fucking bin man playing for Cardiff roasted Trent the other week.  Sergio Busquets in about 10 years time with his shoes on the wrong feet would probably outpace him.  He cannot defend to compensate for the lack of pace either.  The fucking “only player” what game have you been watching?

If he can’t defend against binmen and is slow as fuck why not strap on your boots and apply for the job.

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

The correct one if you think Trent is slow and Busquets can out run him.

Turning over a 3-0 deficit is gonna be so much sweeter than turning over a 3-1 deficit.

We're gonna have at least 2 goals by halftime, if not 3. Have none of you guys ever seen us play at Anfield chasing a lead before?

It's gonna be fucking unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

The issue is that Salah doesn't give Trent much assistance whereas Mane will drop into the corner to help Robertson. But sometimes it'll be like that with how we play.

You honestly think that is “THE” issue.  Mane and Salah do almost identical jobs defensively on either wing.  There’s a reason Klopp left him out last night and he’s done it before.  If you want to bury your head in the sand then go for it.

Hopefully missing out on these big games hits home that he can’t get away with just having technical ability on the ball alone.  I personally think he’s been better defensively in the second half of the season other than that bad half against Cardiff where they clearly targeted his lack of pace.

I think Klopp made the right decision last night and it was proved correct by the fact we dominated the ball and nullified their threat and still created chances.  Klopp thinks it was our best performance in Europe and I agree with him.  The result did not reflect the game at all.