You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

I woke up today with this feeling
That better things are coming my way
And if the sunshine has a meaning
It's telling me not to let things get in my way

[Pre-Chorus]
When the rainy days are dying
Gotta keep on, keep on trying
All the bees and birds are flying (ahh ahh ahh)
Never let go, gotta hold on in
Non-stop 'til the break of dawn and
Keep movin' don't stop rockin' (ahh ahh ahh)

Felt hugely deflated after that last night but woke up feeling more positive.

In all probability we'll go out but Istanbul, Dortmund and Olympiakos showed it's not over yet. When things went against Milan in Istanbul the old wounds of blowing a 3 goal lead against Deportivo the season before were re-opened and left them like rabbits in the headlights. If we get a first half goal up at Anfield let's see whether Rome last year leaves Barca feeling the same.

I don't get all the Suarez hate.

I feel privileged to have watched him at his pomp. A winner of a player and we were blessed with him. Bit of a flawed genius. But a player worth the ticket price.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jennings said:

I feel privileged to have watched him at his pomp. A winner of a player and we were blessed with him. Bit of a flawed genius. But a player worth the ticket price.

most likely the passion of the night mate 

13 minutes ago, Jennings said:

From my point of view it was the constant feigning injury and trying to get players booked who play for a club he used to play for and who he supposedly 'loves'.   Shithouse behaviour and speaks volumes about his character.

14 minutes ago, Jennings said:

No issue with him celebrating his goal, that's actually refreshing to see and a departure from the usual ex-club bullshit.

I do have an issue with the diving, card-waving,  trying to get Milner sent off and having a go at Alisson and Robertson for no good reason.

He's a born winner, and he was brilliant with us, but he was always and ever only in it for himself.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Agree.

Guest Alex_K
48 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I thought Gomez nullified Coutinho very well myself. 

Problem is he's so poor on the ball that whenever they pressed him with the ball at his feet we looked liable to concede. The 2nd goal came momentarily after such an incident. The ballooned shot with way better options on summed him up 

Just now, KMD7 said:

Trent was poor defensively against Huddersfield so can understand Klopp resting him last night.  If we had taken our chances it wouldn't even be a discussion imo.

Big time. He can still look like the best fullback in the world and the worst fullback in the world within minutes in the same game. Huge potential, but he's got plenty of improving left to do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Trent was poor defensively against Huddersfield so can understand Klopp resting him last night.  If we had taken our chances it wouldn't even be a discussion imo.

Fairly true.

We should be celebrating a famous 3-2 loss.

Reckon Klopp has seen Trent roasted in the league positionally a few times and knew we couldn’t afford any such slip-ups when playing them in the Nou Camp.

On the other hand, he’s obviously light years ahead of Gomez in possession with the ability to provide world class deliveries, and especially with Joe coming back from such a long absence, that side of Trent’s game was a huge loss to us. 

He’ll start on Tuesday, I’m sure.

37 minutes ago, J-V said:

From my point of view it was the constant feigning injury and trying to get players booked who play for a club he used to play for and who he supposedly 'loves'.   Shithouse behaviour and speaks volumes about his character.

If we had a few more like him we'd have some trophies in the cabinet these last few years.

Great, winning sides have snide bastards like him in them.

• Upvote 1

The most gutting thing about last night wasn’t even the spawny Messi first goal after we’d dominated the second half and missed one or two gilt-edged chances, or the sort of free-kick from a genius you can’t ever legislate for.

It was when Mo hit the post. 3-1 and I would be close to 50/50 on us being able to do it. That moment was probably the most costly of all in it being more like a 99/1 job.

Not impossible, but not far off.

1 minute ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

The most gutting thing about last night wasn’t even the spawny Messi first goal after we’d dominated the second half and missed one or two gilt-edged chances.

It was when Mo hit the post. 3-1 and I would be 50/50 on us. That moment was probably the most costly in it being more like a 99/1 job.

Not impossible, but not far off.

Yeah...needing to win 2-0 to win tie is an absolute world away from needing to win 4-0 to win it.

No away goal leaves us needing a miracle.

They score we need 5 for fucks sake....Mo scores last night and they score we could win 3-1 and force extra time.

Such a bad, bad miss.