You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Apr 20-24 2019)

tlw content

*Sigh* This week was tough. We’re running out of games now and City have almost come through the stretch of games that were likely to test them the most. I’ve said all along that Burnley were our best hope and that’s how it looks now, but it’s a fleeting hope at best.

Unlike most, Spurs at least gave it a go on Saturday and can consider themselves unlucky to have come away from the Etihad with nothing. They should have won really as they were the better side, but I can’t help feel that letting City score inside the first five minutes for the second time in four days means they probably deserved what they got.

I mean fucking hell lads, have you not been paying attention? Every fucking game they score inside the first ten minutes, so it might be an idea to, y’know, waste a bit of time, take the sting out of the game and, oh I don’t know, call me eccentric, but you could actually fucking concentrate and do your jobs from the start. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful to Spurs for putting paid to City’s quadruple bid, but their inability to take any of the good chances they created on Saturday has ruined any credit they’d built up with me. They can fuck off again now.

I wasn’t going to ruin a sunny Saturday by staying in and watching the inevitable, so I was enjoying a nice family day on the North Wales coast. I promised myself I wouldn’t even bother checking the score until it was over, but it’s hard isn’t it? Within ten minutes of kick off I was checking the group chat to see what was going on, and surprise fucking surprise, it was already 1-0.

Prior to the game we were predicting the time when City would take the lead. Virtually everyone had it inside 20 minutes, but I was closest with 5 mins. It’s just so fucking predictable. At least the Mancs held out until the second half, for all the good it did them (I’ll get to that debacle later though). 

So I didn’t watch it live and I haven’t watched the highlights either. What would be the point? I’ve seen that movie before and it was shit. I’m not sitting through it again unless there’s a gun to my head.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic
13 hours ago, tlw content said:

Yeah I know, I’m kidding myself. It’s all but over really but it’s hard to accept after all the lads have achieved this season.

Bookmakers are usually prettyy good at predicting chances. You'll get 3:1 on us winning it now. App 25% chanch? At least it's better odds than halftime Istanbul 2005.

Anything can still happen.

Hope the City players got the messagw "it's over now' too.

The funny thing is that he’s on massive wages and has nowhere to go, because none of the big Spanish clubs need a keeper (or would pay what it would cost to get him). He can’t move anywhere in England either, so he’s stuck there, on his big fat contract, in a team going nowhere. His motivation has gone and it shows.

I read in the press (Times probably) that United players like De Gea & Pogba will get a 25% wage cut if they don't qualify for the Champions League.  But even that "threat" (more real than anything the Goblin might say) hasn't seemed to have made them care.  I'm sure De Gea pulled his hands away from Richarlison's shot on Everton's first goal.

Just on the "Players who have completely fallen off a cliff" theme:Torres post 2010, Joe Cole post 2010, Ronaldinho post 2006, Benteke post 2016, Michael Ricketts... 

Think the 2014 loss would still be more devastating than this season. Considering it was only 3 games to go and it was Gerrard slipping after giving the "This does not slip now" Hard to get more grimly ironic than that. 

Also Dave it's Jeff HENDRICK. Jimi Hendrix was a guitarist. I don't know what Hendricks is, maybe a drink or something.. 

3 hours ago, buster69 said:

Just on the "Players who have completely fallen off a cliff" theme:Torres post 2010, Joe Cole post 2010, Ronaldinho post 2006, Benteke post 2016, Michael Ricketts... 

Think the 2014 loss would still be more devastating than this season. Considering it was only 3 games to go and it was Gerrard slipping after giving the "This does not slip now" Hard to get more grimly ironic than that. 

Also Dave it's Jeff HENDRICK. Jimi Hendrix was a guitarist. I don't know what Hendricks is, maybe a drink or something.. 

If he does something good on Sunday to earn it, then I promise I'll spell his name correctly in future. 

That being said, it's surprisingly poor from me considering the impressive head of hair he has. 

Those players you mention who fell off a cliff all had some sort of an excuse. Cole had a bad injury, Torres also had injury problems and Ronaldinho had a serious partying condition. Benteke has Hodgson.

I watched on Wednesday too and when Silva's goal went in my heart sank and I got a feeling that I had forgotten existed: I got a reminder of what it feels like to see a team you want to win, lose.

I've literally forgotten what it feels like to lose a game.

34 minutes ago, piphomer said:

I watched on Wednesday too and when Silva's goal went in my heart sank and I got a feeling that I had forgotten existed: I got a reminder of what it feels like to see a team you want to win, lose.

I've literally forgotten what it feels like to lose a game.

I was thinking last night that I genuinely can't remember the last time we lost at Anfield (not counting the league cup).

• dave u unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, buster69 said:

Were you around for the 2010-2016 volume of League Round Ups, or as the collectors call it "The Kolorov Years"?

On 27/04/2019 at 14:22, dave u said:

I was thinking last night that I genuinely can't remember the last time we lost at Anfield (not counting the league cup).

Our last home defeat was to Palace two years ago. Allardyce was in charge and Benteke scored for them, and Sakho did some out of order shitty celebration even though he was only there on loan at the time.