You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guardiola: Liverpool and City deserve the title as one

tlw content

Pep Guardiola has seen many things in his football career, but it is highly unlikely that he has been part of a title race such as this.

Man City reclaimed the upper hand on Wednesday night with a 2-0 victory in the Manchester derby.

While the Spaniard and his squad would have breathed an almighty sigh of relief to get the much discussed fixture out of the way with the three points, he knows there is plenty of hard work to be done.

The Liverpool Echo reported Guardiola as saying:

"Normally with this kind of derby victory you can it enjoy it the most but we have to be calm.

"We have to prepare well for all three games left.

"It's important to be calm. We are still not champions with three games left - it's incredible with the points we and Liverpool have.

"I told the players don't read tomorrow, don't watch the television, just rest and sleep a lot and go in there against Burnley."

Despite being the manager of their closest rival this season, it is clearly evident the respect that Guardiola has for the job that Jurgen Klopp has done with the Reds and the squad as a whole.

Guardiola says both Liverpool and City deserve equal recognition for producing a title race for the ages.

And unlike previous seasons where the runner-up may look back and say 'what if' both teams should be ultimately proud of their efforts.

15464520851415.jpg

"Liverpool and ourselves deserve the title as one.

"The team that is going to lose can't have regrets because they have given everything."

We have come close in our last couple of title challenges, but all we experienced at the end of it was a feeling of emptiness and frustration.

Somehow this feels a bit different and while the race is far but over, whatever transpires in the remaining weeks, you can only feel pride of the efforts by the Redmen on a week to week basis.

View full article

Dislike Pep if you want, but I can’t see anything wrong in what he says. He’s right both teams deserve to win the title. From his position it’s maybe a bit defensive, as it does sound a bit like an excuse in case they fail.

Pep’s a good manager immediately addressing the obvious problem his team might face by thinking the most difficult hurdle is passed. Burnley is as big a test, probably even harder that their match yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, tlw content said:

Pep Guardiola has seen many things in his football career, but it is highly unlikely that he has been part of a title race such as this.

Man City reclaimed the upper hand on Wednesday night with a 2-0 victory in the Manchester derby.

While the Spaniard and his squad would have breathed an almighty sigh of relief to get the much discussed fixture out of the way with the three points, he knows there is plenty of hard work to be done.

The Liverpool Echo reported Guardiola as saying:

"Normally with this kind of derby victory you can it enjoy it the most but we have to be calm.

"We have to prepare well for all three games left.

"It's important to be calm. We are still not champions with three games left - it's incredible with the points we and Liverpool have.

"I told the players don't read tomorrow, don't watch the television, just rest and sleep a lot and go in there against Burnley."

Despite being the manager of their closest rival this season, it is clearly evident the respect that Guardiola has for the job that Jurgen Klopp has done with the Reds and the squad as a whole.

Guardiola says both Liverpool and City deserve equal recognition for producing a title race for the ages.

And unlike previous seasons where the runner-up may look back and say 'what if' both teams should be ultimately proud of their efforts.

15464520851415.jpg

"Liverpool and ourselves deserve the title as one.

"The team that is going to lose can't have regrets because they have given everything."

We have come close in our last couple of title challenges, but all we experienced at the end of it was a feeling of emptiness and frustration.

Somehow this feels a bit different and while the race is far but over, whatever transpires in the remaining weeks, you can only feel pride of the efforts by the Redmen on a week to week basis.

View full article

What a cunt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustTosh said:

Dislike Pep if you want, but I can’t see anything wrong in what he says. He’s right both teams deserve to win the title. From his position it’s maybe a bit defensive, as it does sound a bit like an excuse in case they fail.

Pep’s a good manager immediately addressing the obvious problem his team might face by thinking the most difficult hurdle is passed. Burnley is as big a test, probably even harder that their match yesterday.

I hope you are right.

1 hour ago, JustTosh said:

Nailed it right there. They have spent a small fortune and are favourites. What I was hoping would stick in their craw was Spurs not spending any money knocking them out of Europe.

I was just thinking about how odd people's reactions are.

Last season, City finished on 100 points and everyone accepted that there's nothing anyone else could do except stand back and applaud.

This season they will finish on 98 points and plenty of people will laugh at Liverpool for being so shit that we didn't beat them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I was just thinking about how odd people's reactions are.

Last season, City finished on 100 points and everyone accepted that there's nothing anyone else could do except stand back and applaud.

This season they will finish on 98 points and plenty of people will laugh at Liverpool for being so shit that we didn't beat them.

Those people are called Evertonians or fucking morons.

• Upvote 3

Absolutely no chance would he be anywhere near this magnanimous if the shoe was on the other foot, because he's a hypersensitive tit who needs his expensive projects to be left undisturbed by competition. The Pep Way:

• Have the best team
  • Spend loads on it to make it better
  • Get out in front early in the league season
  • Act all flattered when everyone faps to your lead
  • Or sometimes a bit weird, like "oh we're 45 points from 45, but this football isn't pure enough for me because I'm the purist's purist. Those guys in mid-table trying to play football, they're the real heroes"
  • Mid-season wobble. Rotate in a forgotten player on £800k a week
  • Get challenged in the latter stages of the Champions League
  • Forget what that's like
  • Get beaten
  • Tantrum - blame VAR, or no VAR, or fans, or Mourinho
  • Finish off league and act all smiley and Patron Saint of Football-like

Cunt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

4 hours ago, JustTosh said:

Do they fuck.   One is a football club the other is a publicity toy. 

They should be dogging it out with sheff Utd or fighting the drop with Brighton. 

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Absolutely no chance would he be anywhere near this magnanimous if the shoe was on the other foot, because he's a hypersensitive tit who needs his expensive projects to be left undisturbed by competition. The Pep Way:

• Have the best team
  • Or sometimes a bit weird, like "oh we're 45 points from 45, but this football isn't pure enough for me because I'm the purist's purist. Those guys in mid-table trying to play football, they're the real heroes"
  • Get beaten

Cunt.

Yes!

1 hour ago, Manny said:

• Have the best team
  • Get beaten

Cunt.

But but but Pep’s a genius, look what he has done. A great, a great.