You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Idea - FPL Style Premier League Squad of the Season

Allan

Anyone fancy doing a quick squad of the season in the Fantasy Premier League style?

You'll need to pick a squad of 18 players that must have 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards. (Player positions are dictated by those in the Official FPL game, so Mo is a midfielder, not a forward).

However, there's an added stipulation in that you can only pick 1 player from each team, meaning you'll have to pick 18 players from the 20 teams in the Premier League this season.

No draft or voting, or anything like that, just a straight up squad selection and debate afterwards.

On 23/04/2019 at 19:31, Dynamite said:

Anyone fancy doing a quick squad of the season in the Fantasy Premier League style?

You'll need to pick a squad of 18 players that must have 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards. (Player positions are dictated by those in the Official FPL game, so Mo is a midfielder, not a forward).

However, there's an added stipulation in that you can only pick 1 player from each team, meaning you'll have to pick 18 players from the 20 teams in the Premier League this season.

No draft or voting, or anything like that, just a straight up squad selection and debate afterwards.

Thats only 15 mate? Is it 15 or 18? 

• Like 1

Revised rules because I'm no good at arithmetic...

You'll need to pick a squad of 15 players that must have 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards. (Player positions are dictated by those in the Official FPL game, so Mo is a midfielder, not a forward).

However, there's an added stipulation in that you can only pick 1 player from each team, meaning you'll have to pick 15 players from the 20 teams in the Premier League this season.

In that case:

Foster - Watford

McCarthy - Southampton

VVD - Liverpool

Wan Bisska - Crystal Palace

Bamba - Cardiff

Rice - West Ham

Digne - Everton

Hazard - Chelsea

Eriksen - Spurs

Maddison - Leicester

Ramsey - Arsenal

Fraser - Bournemouth

Aguero - City

Jimenez - Wolves

Ashford - Man Utd 

19 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Are we supposed to be picking a squad that has some type of balance (ie LB, RB - a DM, etc) or just 15 players? Because so many of the FPL midfielders are essentially forwards. 

Ive done it the same as the rules on fantasy football. You don't need balance? 

Thats how I took it anyway.... 

15 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Yeah, it depends though if you're actually trying to make a team from your squad. Your midfield is exactly what I mean - you couldn't play a proper side with that squad. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, just asking the question...

I don't think thats necessarily the point mate but if it is I am happy to change it? 

Some side though given the options....

The idea was just to pick a squad in the manner in which you would pick to play the FPL game.

Doesn't have to have balance to it, but I suspect that most of us would have a modicum of balance in mind. After all the drafts that we've played, the majority are aware how people slate unbalanced sides.

Stig's side has decent balance to it, he's got a fullback apiece and a tidy midfield that may just lack a little defensive steel. Then you have the forwards that give you different options.

It's a good squad Stig has put together, but can it be bettered?

We could certainly do a proper Team of the Season, in a PFA style, where you pick your best XI for the season. 

Again, I'd suggest the 1 player per team stipulation to really get an idea of who people rate from other sides, and to stop it turning into a Liverpool & City dominated team.

These teams would definitely need to be balanced.

To be honest, I just wanted a little break from the traditional drafts that we've been doing, while still keeping this sub forum ticking over.

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

My sides better. 

That it? 

Keepers - Foster and McCarthy v Etheridge and Dubravka - McCarthy hasn't even been Southampton's first choice keeper for months. I win.

Defence - Bamba v Ake. I win.

Midfield - Maddison, Ramsey, Fraser v Sterling, Pogba, Doucoure. I win.

Forwards - Aguero and Rashford v Aubameyang and Vardy. Draw.

Comprehensive victory for Dim FC. 

38 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Keepers - Foster and McCarthy v Etheridge and Dubravka - McCarthy hasn't even been Southampton's first choice keeper for months. I win.

Defence - Bamba v Ake. I win.

Midfield - Maddison, Ramsey, Fraser v Sterling, Pogba, Doucoure. I win.

Forwards - Aguero and Rashford v Aubameyang and Vardy. Draw.

Comprehensive victory for Dim FC. 

I'll take you outside and smack you across the fucking street if you don't play fair. 

Fabianksi - West Ham
Gunn - Southampton

Digne - Everton
Wan- Bisaka - Palace
Van Dyke - Liverpool
Tarkowski - Burnley
Alderweild - Spurs

Hazard - Chelsea
Sterling - City
Neves -Wolves
Ndidi - Leicester
David Brooks - Bournemouth

Aubameyang - Arsenal
Rashford - Man Utd
Deeney - Watford

----------------------Fabianski

Wan-Bisaka---van Dyke---Alderweild---Digne

-------------Neves------Ndidi

Sterling----------Brooks--------Hazard

-----------------Aubameyang

My squad, for the record, is as follows:

Dubravka (Newcastle)

Foster (Watford)

Pereira (Leicester)

Lindelof (Man Utd)

Van Dijk (Liverpool)

Rice (West Ham)

Digne (Everton)

Milivojevic (Crystal Palace)

Moutinho (Wolves)

Sterling (Man City)

Son (Spurs)

Hazard (Chelsea)

Aubameyang (Arsenal)

Mitrovic (Fulham)

Wilson (Bournemouth)

Fabianski (West Ham)

Dubravska (Newcastle)

Wan-Bissaka (Palace)

Ake (Bournemouth

Maguire (Leicester)

Digne(Everton)

Laporte (Man City)

Kante (Chelsea)

Salah (Liverpool)

Ruben Neves (Wolves)

Pogba (Utd)

Deulofeu (Watford)

Aubameyang (Arsenal)

Kane (Spurs)

Mitrovic (Fulham)

On 30/04/2019 at 17:49, Lee909 said:

I'll give this a go tonight

Stig keeper isnt even the Southampton number 1

Anyway i have a idea for a proper draft of there is interest

Ill post it later

We should all submit our team if you haven't already and then at the end of the season lets tot up the points from fantasy premier league.