You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vertigo

Oh Buoy

2 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Went to my chemist today and she still has a prescription for me on file for when i had an attack before. (Didn't avail of them then) am going in tomorrow to collect them. 

Good man. GP for the lip drugs if they're naff. Hope you get off the Waltzer soon lad. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

For the last couple of weeks I’ve been having a random feeing in my head and losing sense of balance for a split second. Last night sat on the couch it came on but wouldn’t go away. Walked into the kitchen almost felt like I was floating. Had to go to bed. 

Still don’t feel right this morning to be honest. I’ve been wearing my glasses more and more not just in work but while commuting so that could be a factor, also I need to wear these rubber earbuds in bed because the dog sleeps in the room and is a noisy mouth slurping twat. That might be a factor. 

I haven’t felt sick and Bowie isn’t sat on a tree outside so it might just be circumstantial. Hopefully it fucks off pronto as I’m taking him for a walk. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

For the last couple of weeks I’ve been having a random feeing in my head and losing sense of balance for a split second. Last night sat on the couch it came on but wouldn’t go away. Walked into the kitchen almost felt like I was floating. Had to go to bed. 

Still don’t feel right this morning to be honest. I’ve been wearing my glasses more and more not just in work but while commuting so that could be a factor, also I need to wear these rubber earbuds in bed because the dog sleeps in the room and is a noisy mouth slurping twat. That might be a factor. 

I haven’t felt sick and Bowie isn’t sat on a tree outside so it might just be circumstantial. Hopefully it fucks off pronto as I’m taking him for a walk. 

I've had some similar experiences for the past while. My doc said it might be due to having covid, that he has since an increase in vertigo type issues.

One episode happened when I was lying on the floor doing some stretches when I felt like I was falling through the floor. I was literally panicking saying "I'm falling" and the missus was laughing at me, calling me a fuckin eejit cos I was already on the floor and clearly couldn't fall any further. My brain was telling me I was going through it. I felt pukey for hours afterwards. Nasty feeling. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I've had some similar experiences for the past while. My doc said it might be due to having covid, that he has since an increase in vertigo type issues.

One episode happened when I was lying on the floor doing some stretches when I felt like I was falling through the floor. I was literally panicking saying "I'm falling" and the missus was laughing at me, calling me a fuckin eejit cos I was already on the floor and clearly couldn't fall any further. My brain was telling me I was going through it. I felt pukey for hours afterwards. Nasty feeling. 

Awful that mate. 

Because its come on quick its probs labyrinthitis. It's a horrid shit illness. 

I have had it many times. You can get tablets but they weren't brilliant. It can linger a bit - but doesn't last forever. So take solace in that.

That feeling @ZonkoVille77 had - I had the same. I thought we were in an earthquake or falling into a sink hole, until I realised I was the only one affected.

• Upvote 1