You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Huddersfield (H) Premier League 26/4

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Lovren does seem to have massive moments of hesitation. He's been out for  a long time though. Matip has definitely moved above him in the pecking order.

I never thought Matip was capable of the form he's been showing lately. Fair fucks to him; he had a chance and he took it.

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I never thought Matip was capable of the form he's been showing lately. Fair fucks to him; he had a chance and he took it.

He was the same in his first season before his injury. Matip is a really good player. Not suited to playing aside Lovren though. Lovren will hopefully move on in the summer. 

• Like 1

Sublime. Huddersfield are dreadful but we've stuttered against teams like them before, ie Fulham. We're hitting a great streak of form just before Barcelona which could do our confidence wonders against them. Still, I had a dream that we beat Huddersfield 8-0 and I had money on it. They let me down. We're fucking shite.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

His form has been consistent all season. He has literally dragged us through games at times. Nothing more to it than that.

But is that the reality though?

Lets look at streaks without goals.

Mane:
02/09 - 23/10: 7 games without a goal or an assist
28/10 - 15/12: 8 games, without one goal, but he got one assists

Salah:
10/02 - 04/04: 8 games without a goal, but he got one assist.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/109915/Fixtures/Sadio-Mané

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/108226/Fixtures/Mohamed-Salah

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Mane has been fantastic this season,Salah has been fantastic this season. We are top of the league and that is the only stat that matters currently.

I agree.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this myth that Mane has been more consistent and more important than Salah, its obviously not true in any way or form.

30 minutes ago, Code said:

I agree.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this myth that Mane has been more consistent and more important than Salah, its obviously not true in any way or form.

I love them both, but I think Mane has dragged us along more this season during tough games. Good argument to be having though. 

• Upvote 1

Overall there has not been much to choose between them this season but I'd give the edge to Salah as he has two defenders on him all game.  On the other hand Mane's goals have tended to be more significant.

I think there's a tendency to judge them by the standards of last season and on that basis Mane has made a massive improvement whereas Salah has fallen short of the superhuman and has 'only ' had a run of the mill great season. 

• Upvote 3

God I love this team! It's brilliant reading this after the event and even though we were 2-0 up there were still people panicking a bit!

It was much less stresssful being out and only looking at the score - every time I checked we'd scored another goal!

I've just watched the whole game and I sat like an idiot in my living room clapping when Ox came on! So good to see him back again and the fantastic reception he got. I noticed Keita got just as big a Jurgen hug as he did.

I also loved that Mo looked gutted not to score on 90 mins when we were 5 up!

Mo and Mane vying for the golden boot, Robbo and Trent vying for most assists, it's brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8