Quantcast
Getting Old - Page 7 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Getting Old

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Suffering from sciatica and generally just having a back in bits. When I was 28 I pulled my back in the gym and it's never been the same since. It's gotten better over the years but up until a few years ago my back would completely lock and I'd be in bed for about 5 days. This seemed to happen regularly every 5 to 6 months. 

Like I said its not that bad anymore but I still get those twinges to the point I've had to buy a back support.

Its shit as I used to be really active. Go the gym 3 times a week play football and go hiking but ever since then when I do exercise my backs in bits. Turned into a right fat cunt as well. 

Get to a physio/osteopath

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Never mind his back I have a red face!

I get this.

One glass of wine or a bevvy and I'm all rosy cheeked.

I'd have a bad back that I need to lay in bed for 5 days over this any day.

20 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

But on the back thing a physio can sort it, sciatica is different possibly. 

My physio certainly could. Red faces I'm not sure

Finding out that I am eligible for a free travel pass through Merseytravel at 60 rather than the 65 I assumed is a tad bittersweet.

More amusingly , I got a provisional driving licence ( the old paper type ) in 1978 and remember joking that I only had 42 years to use it. For one reason or another I never bothered and it expired last month without me ever taking a single lesson & is pristine in its plastic wallet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, sir roger said:

Finding out that I am eligible for a free travel pass through Merseytravel at 60 rather than the 65 I assumed is a tad bittersweet.

More amusingly , I got a provisional driving licence ( the old paper type ) in 1978 and remember joking that I only had 42 years to use it. For one reason or another I never bothered and it expired last month without me ever taking a single lesson & is pristine in its plastic wallet.

I had a paper full licence myself from 1986,until a couple of years ago and I needed ID so had to fork out for photo licence. Cunts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

I turned 47 on Sunday and was given a pack of socks for my birthday.  If that's not a sign you're getting old, nothing is!

That’s not getting old, that’s just a mingebag. Probably left over from Christmas.

• Upvote 1

I love getting socks, saves me buying them.

Something I noticed in my thirties was how much easier it was to gain fat and how much harder it was to lose it. And now I'm in my forties it's even worse. I like to keep fit and lift weights but bloody hell it's like an eternal struggle.

• Upvote 1

On 07/03/2020 at 18:22, Leyton388 said:

Suffering from sciatica and generally just having a back in bits. When I was 28 I pulled my back in the gym and it's never been the same since. It's gotten better over the years but up until a few years ago my back would completely lock and I'd be in bed for about 5 days. This seemed to happen regularly every 5 to 6 months. 

Like I said its not that bad anymore but I still get those twinges to the point I've had to buy a back support.

Its shit as I used to be really active. Go the gym 3 times a week play football and go hiking but ever since then when I do exercise my backs in bits. Turned into a right fat cunt as well. 

I hurt my back in the gym last year (not for the first time) and a few weeks later ended up in hospital in crippling pain. My physio sorted me right out - HOWEVER, she was my third physio - the two before that were useless. I think a good physio who knows what they're doing is worth the money. 

Yesterday I was squatting 100kg in the gym without a problem. It's taken almost a year to get back to where I was before the injury. 

Over 60 and prescriptions are free. Saved me a fucking fortune as I've had to have regular bandaging for an ulcerated leg. Nothing to do with breaking the hip last year.

Was a bit of a downer though. I went to get the first prescription and I offered this fit bird behind the chemist's counter some pkastic to pay and she says, oh we don't need that, you're over 60.

Mixed emotions there.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I turned 47 on Sunday and was given a pack of socks for my birthday.  If that's not a sign you're getting old, nothing is!

Just wait until they have cartoons on them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

That’s not getting old, that’s just a mingebag. Probably left over from Christmas.

My family are indeed cunts.

• Upvote 1

Dry hands.

Trying to turn the pages in a book, or pick up something small off the counter, I'm licking my fingertips like Eric Cartman at KFC.

And now they're telling me I shouldn't touch my face? 

I'm fucked.

My day off yesterday. Got accidentally stuck in the bar with a couple of my regulars. Let out an audible "oh fuck" when realised it was 4pm. Because I'd missed Tenable. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Over 60 and prescriptions are free. Saved me a fucking fortune as I've had to have regular bandaging for an ulcerated leg. Nothing to do with breaking the hip last year.

Was a bit of a downer though. I went to get the first prescription and I offered this fit bird behind the chemist's counter some pkastic to pay and she says, oh we don't need that, you're over 60.

Mixed emotions there.

Have yer been invited to a VIP session at the chemists yet? That’s when yer know yer fucked, pensioners and the chronically diseased getting 25% off incontinence pads and shite like that.

i have refused to attend, and changed pharmacy.

43 minutes ago, Michael Winstanley said:

Have yer been invited to a VIP session at the chemists yet? That’s when yer know yer fucked, pensioners and the chronically diseased getting 25% off incontinence pads and shite like that.

i have refused to attend, and changed pharmacy.

Not yet!

3 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Just had a new passport photo. Talk about grim. Looks like I've done a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson.

I look like Curtis Warren on mine, get stopped every time at airports. Tested for explosives in Kos last year.