You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Getting Old

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Suffering from sciatica and generally just having a back in bits. When I was 28 I pulled my back in the gym and it's never been the same since. It's gotten better over the years but up until a few years ago my back would completely lock and I'd be in bed for about 5 days. This seemed to happen regularly every 5 to 6 months. 

Like I said its not that bad anymore but I still get those twinges to the point I've had to buy a back support.

Its shit as I used to be really active. Go the gym 3 times a week play football and go hiking but ever since then when I do exercise my backs in bits. Turned into a right fat cunt as well. 

Get to a physio/osteopath

• Upvote 1

Finding out that I am eligible for a free travel pass through Merseytravel at 60 rather than the 65 I assumed is a tad bittersweet.

More amusingly , I got a provisional driving licence ( the old paper type ) in 1978 and remember joking that I only had 42 years to use it. For one reason or another I never bothered and it expired last month without me ever taking a single lesson & is pristine in its plastic wallet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

15 hours ago, sir roger said:

Finding out that I am eligible for a free travel pass through Merseytravel at 60 rather than the 65 I assumed is a tad bittersweet.

More amusingly , I got a provisional driving licence ( the old paper type ) in 1978 and remember joking that I only had 42 years to use it. For one reason or another I never bothered and it expired last month without me ever taking a single lesson & is pristine in its plastic wallet.

I had a paper full licence myself from 1986,until a couple of years ago and I needed ID so had to fork out for photo licence. Cunts.

• Upvote 1

I love getting socks, saves me buying them.

Something I noticed in my thirties was how much easier it was to gain fat and how much harder it was to lose it. And now I'm in my forties it's even worse. I like to keep fit and lift weights but bloody hell it's like an eternal struggle.

• Upvote 2

On 07/03/2020 at 18:22, Leyton388 said:

Suffering from sciatica and generally just having a back in bits. When I was 28 I pulled my back in the gym and it's never been the same since. It's gotten better over the years but up until a few years ago my back would completely lock and I'd be in bed for about 5 days. This seemed to happen regularly every 5 to 6 months. 

Like I said its not that bad anymore but I still get those twinges to the point I've had to buy a back support.

Its shit as I used to be really active. Go the gym 3 times a week play football and go hiking but ever since then when I do exercise my backs in bits. Turned into a right fat cunt as well. 

I hurt my back in the gym last year (not for the first time) and a few weeks later ended up in hospital in crippling pain. My physio sorted me right out - HOWEVER, she was my third physio - the two before that were useless. I think a good physio who knows what they're doing is worth the money. 

Yesterday I was squatting 100kg in the gym without a problem. It's taken almost a year to get back to where I was before the injury. 

Over 60 and prescriptions are free. Saved me a fucking fortune as I've had to have regular bandaging for an ulcerated leg. Nothing to do with breaking the hip last year.

Was a bit of a downer though. I went to get the first prescription and I offered this fit bird behind the chemist's counter some pkastic to pay and she says, oh we don't need that, you're over 60.

Mixed emotions there.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Over 60 and prescriptions are free. Saved me a fucking fortune as I've had to have regular bandaging for an ulcerated leg. Nothing to do with breaking the hip last year.

Was a bit of a downer though. I went to get the first prescription and I offered this fit bird behind the chemist's counter some pkastic to pay and she says, oh we don't need that, you're over 60.

Mixed emotions there.

Have yer been invited to a VIP session at the chemists yet? That’s when yer know yer fucked, pensioners and the chronically diseased getting 25% off incontinence pads and shite like that.

i have refused to attend, and changed pharmacy.

43 minutes ago, Michael Winstanley said:

Have yer been invited to a VIP session at the chemists yet? That’s when yer know yer fucked, pensioners and the chronically diseased getting 25% off incontinence pads and shite like that.

i have refused to attend, and changed pharmacy.

Not yet!

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Mook said:

That's me been for an eye test & had to buy a pair of reading glasses, this is a couple of months after having to start shaving my head due to going bald.

Being 42 is shite.

I've been wearing contact lenses since I was 16, count your blessings your vision has been good upto this point.

• Upvote 2