You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best place to watch the match in town

elvis

Have you tried Heartbreak Hotel? It's In The Ghetto. Don't risk trouble or you'll be watching it in the Jailhouse. And leave your Blue Suede Shoes at home.

34 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The CL games tend to be less frenzied atmospheres than the PL ones in pubs , so I don’t think you will struggle to find a reasonable place to watch. Dale St has 2 or 3 if you are in that neck of the woods.

Worst Elvis lyric ever.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Go the Excelsior on Dale Street. Nice pub, cheap ale (Thatchers on tap) and it's not too crowded. It also has the best pub in town, the Ship N Mitre, next door to it. They don't show the footy though unfortunately.

@Theexcelsiorli1 on Twitter

Ended up in the Ship N Mitre by complete chance before Roma game last year. Lovely spot with some great options on draught.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Go the Excelsior on Dale Street. Nice pub, cheap ale (Thatchers on tap) and it's not too crowded. It also has the best pub in town, the Ship N Mitre, next door to it. They don't show the footy though unfortunately.

Sounds good , I'm stopping near the top of dale street so pretty handy as well

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

One of my favourites this little gem. If you head up to http://barleyandbeans.co.uk/ prior you can get a decent amount of grub for studentish prices. Fairly decent and there's free parking further up although you might get your windows smashed in. Happens once every couple of months though so nothing to worry about there.

4 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

McCartney Bar the old Hanover on Hanover St.

Been here a few times and often my go-to if I'm running late or everywhere else is rammed. It's alright, nothing special and often you'll get some blert screaming his head off at the tele.

There's also Hannahs Bar (bit shit) and Camp and Furnace also have Fan Park.

Plenty of places around though, just pop in prior to the games and see which one suits your fancy.