Quantcast
Liverpool 2 Chelsea 0 (Apr 14 2019) - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Liverpool 2 Chelsea 0 (Apr 14 2019)

Great Report Dave,

one point, Alison did great on the shot that hit the  post, he gave Hazard nowhere else to put the ball. I thought it was great goalkeeping and deserved a mention.

Re: Salah and Luiz.

I thought it was a penalty. Danny Murphy can fuck right off the weird accented biff. What happened to the old "he's entitled to go down"? Is that fair for everyone but salah?

Always awkward when you get caught on the shin when straight on to the defender as it isn't a natural action to go down from that situation. Definitely skinned Luiz and got caught though.

On a side point one of my pet hates is defenders who know they have fouled attackers and when they realise they have got away with it , go mouthing off at them trying to provoke a reaction.

MOTD2's analysis was awful.

No mention at all of the amount of times Salah has stayed on his feet and ended up with nothing.

Yeah he went down easily. But he was kicked on the shin by Luiz who made a stupid tackle. It's not like he just threw himself down under no challenge, as we've seen some players do.

He didn't get the pen, and I'm ok with that as like I said, it wasn't a stonewaller. Sometimes you get those, sometimes you don't.

Talk of him being punished by the FA (mostly from City and blueshite) is laughable. You can't punish a player for going down when there is clear contact. We can say that wasn't enough for him to go down, but none of us actually know really.

Whenever there's contact it's impossible to say 100% that a player has dived. You can only do that when they haven't been touched.

24 minutes ago, dave u said:

Whenever there's contact it's impossible to say 100% that a player has dived. You can only do that when they haven't been touched.

What if it's Harry Kane and he initiates the contact with the defender?

8 minutes ago, TK421 said:

What if it's Harry Kane and he initiates the contact with the defender?

That's different because

1) he's initiating the contact rather than being kicked on the shin

2) he's Harry Kane, a massive dribble chinned slobbering twat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dave u said:

That's different because

1) he's initiating the contact rather than being kicked on the shin

2) he's Harry Kane, a massive dribble chinned slobbering twat.

He's a Knight of the realm I will have you know.

For scoring some penalties against some one fairly rubbish at a world cup  

32 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Come now, he also got in the way of a Loftus-Cheek shot and deflected it in. No look backheeler, sheer genius.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Dave D said:

And using his star fleet style energy shield to get a touch on Eriksen’s goalbound shot.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Why don’t you post your ESPN stuff on here anymore, Dave?

I only do ratings these days, they've pretty much laid all the club bloggers off due to budget cuts. I'm only on ratings because their LFC staff reporter left and they brought me off the bench.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I thought they called out Murphy pretty well on Sunday.  Forced him to persist while they both kept saying "he was kicked".

• Like 1

MOTD2's analysis was awful.

No mention at all of the amount of times Salah has stayed on his feet and ended up with nothing.

And they didn't even show the earlier incident when Hazard went down like a sack of spuds just inside our half and Oliver (quite rightly) said it was a fair tackle.  First Hazard held his knee, then his shin and finally his ankle. After we had kicked the ball out so that the trainer could get on - only his shin had the benefit of the "magic spray".

Whatever it was, it didn't seem to slow him down.............