You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst British Sitcom Ever?

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

On the Buses was of its time. Like a Carry on Series. Brush Strokes and Duty Free were so bad I just ignored them. That Gwen Taylor from Duty Free looked a good looking lass in her younger days.

Gwen Taylor was the lady who did the full frontal in Life of Brian as Brian's girlfriend.

15 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

On the Buses was of its time. Like a Carry on Series. Brush Strokes and Duty Free were so bad I just ignored them. That Gwen Taylor from Duty Free looked a good looking lass in her younger days.

Negged for comparing the witless, charmless and awful On The Fucking Buses with the Carry On films.

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The other Man About the House spin-off - Geoge & Mildred - would run it close.

Haven't there been a couple of shit spin-offs from Only Fools and Horses?

Green Green Grass. Fucking awful. 

15 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I recently saw an episode of Get Some In (a 1970s thing about National Service).

It was one of those where you're struggling to see what's even supposed to be funny. Fucking dreck.

How come you got invited round to Tony’s house for a sleepover and none of us did?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I recently saw an episode of Get Some In (a 1970s thing about National Service).

It was one of those where you're struggling to see what's even supposed to be funny. Fucking dreck.

The only thing I remember about that piece of shit was that the main ‘joke’ was the sergeant major calling one lad ‘puffhouse’ Richardson.

13 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I actually quite liked that K, hell of a strange concept like

Without Googling it I'm trying to remember who was in it.  The bloke from To the Manor Born, James Bolam and some other guy were the patients.   Wasnt the Victor Meldrew actor the Doctor? 

31 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Has there ever been a decent spin off outside of Frasier, sure there’s been loads but can’t think of any off the top of my head

Not a sitcom, obviously, but Count Duckula was a boss spin-off from Dangermouse.

Sitcom wise, Going Straight wasn’t bad.

• Upvote 1