You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst British Sitcom Ever?

21 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I don't know if it's still the case but at the time of it's last episode, Last of the Summer Wine was the longest running British sitcom ever made. It must have had some viewers but it was incredibly dull.

I think it hit its mark; it was Sunday evening fare aimed at old people. Gentle humour for an audience that might regard a serious laughing fit as a major health hazard. Nothing wrong with that, it was what it set out to be.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

That reboot of open all hours 

That one series of red dwarf when they got rid of Rimmer and brought the bird in. Chronic 

Kochanski in that season was as unfunny as Helen Baxendale in Friends. Both fit though.

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think it hit its mark; it was Sunday evening fare aimed at old people. Gentle humour for an audience that might regard a serious laughing fit as a major health hazard. Nothing wrong with that, it was what it set out to be.

Tl;dr

It was made for Stringy.

• Upvote 1

Mrs Brown's Boys (made by the BBC), Citizen Khan and Miranda are dreadful. Some older ones like Are You Being Served? and To The Manor Born are fucking shite too.

There was one many years ago starring Alexander Armstrong as a vet that was the definition of Shithouse Dog AIDS.

Whoever mentioned Darling Buds Of May earlier, I didn't think that was a sitcom. It wasn't any good like, but it definitely wasn't a sitcom.