You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mane: The real Naby is coming

tlw content

Sadio Mane has full faith that Liverpool will start to see the best of Naby Keita after his best week in a Reds shirt since his arrival in the summer from RB Leipzig.

In a season of so many positives in a team and individual sense, the performances of Keita have been somewhat underwhelming.

After starting the first couple of games of the season, Keita was not helped by a few niggling injuries which set back his progress.

Manager Jurgen Klopp then took the 'slowly, slowly' approach with Keita like he has done with other new signings in the past.

It was also the case that other midfielders came in and did their role in an accomplished fashion.

Keita was seen as someone who would give the team a bit of a 'edge' in a physical and dynamic sense as he had done at Leipzig.

Despite his inconsistency, Klopp has been adamant all along that Keita will come good this season.

Mane who struck up a close friendship with the midfielder in their season together at RB Salzburg in 2014/5 also was a believer, especially as he knew the struggles that Keita had early on in Austria.

Sky Sports reported Mane as saying:

I knew him from a long time ago, from the first time he came to Salzburg and he was the same.

"At the beginning at Salzburg it was very tough for him but he never stopped working hard.

"He was not playing for a while and he was really positive and after he was the star of the team.

“I am 100 per cent sure he will do incredibly well."

Keita's last two performances have seen the 24 year-old produce his first goals for the club.

It has been a moment that Naby, his teammates, the management team and all the fans have been waiting for and Mane believes it is just the beginning.

" The real Naby is coming still. To be honest I think we have more to see from him. 

"At the moment it is going well for him and everyone is very happy for him.

" I think goals always give him more confidence. 

"He scored two goals and I think it boosts his confidence."

keita3_600.jpg

Keita certainly appreciates having someone like Mane to help him settle in, but the Senegal international is adamant that he is seeing the rewards for the hard work.

"I just talked to him to do what I can but Naby is a big boy so he knows how football can work and sometimes not.

"He knows that so he is very positive and he knows he can do more.

"I am sure he can do more. I'm trying to help him and everyone in the team and the coach as well.

Speaking from experience, Mane says adjusting to a new league does take time.

"It is not easy to move from Germany to change club, especially as the league is not the same.

"It is part of the things you have to deal with and he is working hard every single day.

"Off the pitch I am very happy for him, he's very relaxed."

Let's hope that the past seven days is just a taste of what Naby can produce on a regular basis.

View full article

We need everyone at the top of their game for this run in now and Naby’s no exception. He’s been good in the last two games but nowhere near his best. I want to see more aggression from him and that explosive style he had in Germany. Must admit though, I didn’t know about his travails in Salzburg. That’s reassuring in a way as it shows he’s come through some early struggles before. 

I'm Naby Keita, yes I'm the real Keita

All you other Naby Keitas are just imitating

So won't the real Naby Keita please stand up

Please stand up, please stand up?

'Cause I'm Naby Keita, yes I'm the real Keita

All you other Nbby Keitas are just imitating

19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I'm Naby Keita, yes I'm the real Keita

All you other Naby Keitas are just imitating

'Cause I'm Naby Keita, yes I'm the real Keita

All you other Nbby Keitas are just imitating

Would those Keitas that are standing please sit down, persistent standing only obstructs the view for those Keitas that are not standing. 

• Upvote 1