You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike

Ne Moe Imya

ESPN says that we are in "advanced talks" with Nike for a deal that would exceed what United get for their kit deal.

We have one more year with New Balance and they would apparently have the right to match the Nike offer but it'd be a big shock if they did.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/liverpool/story/3823211/liverpool-in-talks-over-nike-deal-that-would-eclipse-man-united-kit-earnings-sources

Just now, Strontium Dog said:

Nike have a much bigger presence than New Balance. They are everywhere. Go into any airport in Spain and there'll be Barcelona kit on the racks. We should be everywhere too.

Might help that they're Spanish as well to be fair.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Might help that they're Spanish as well to be fair.

Of course I'm not expecting LFC shirts to suddenly appear in Spanish airports. But it shows the clout that Nike (and Adidas) have when Barcelona and Madrid are pushing out other teams even from their local areas.

Just now, Strontium Dog said:

Of course I'm not expecting LFC shirts to suddenly appear in Spanish airports. But it shows the clout that Nike (and Adidas) have when Barcelona and Madrid are pushing out other teams even from their local areas.

Go in most sports shops in towns in the UK outside of London, Newcastle and Manchester and you will see loads of Liverpool and Man Utd shirts being sold. 

11 minutes ago, Skrtel Milk said:

Don't know what to say. Nike make horrible kits. Come on, Adidas, open the voult!

image.png

I'd love Adidas again. Make all the players grow a tache and a perm. And only wear black and white Adidas boots. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Yeah, I was in Valencia a couple of years ago and going in shops in the sports department they had loads of Barca and Madrid shirts, hardly any Valencia ones and no Levante ones!

10 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Adidas kits are shite these days, that Utd one with the shiny black plastic looking stripes on the shoulders is awful. 

Adidas making shite united kits is not the same thing.  I hope we are just forcing Adidas hand.

In terms of the value it always seems like we overtake united which is then followed by them dwarfing the deal we’ve just agreed.