You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) Premier League 14/04/19

Bjornebye

On 10/04/2019 at 08:27, sir roger said:

Played my last wildcard on Fantasy PL to ensure I flatten the performance of 3 Chelsea and 3 City players, dropped Robbo and made Hazard my captain.

I've done my bit , up to the team now.

Not suggesting for a minute that Jurgen and the boys shouldn't take any credit like , but kept Kepa & Rudiger to 3 points between them and a season ending injury & was the coolest person in the pub with both Hazard chances, knowing he was my skipper.

Also flattened Laporte, Silva & Aguero's performances but the fucking Owl couldn't even beat 8 men.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

City scraping through on away goals with knocks to their main players would be the icing on the cake. Spurs have world class players so could turn them over in the league. The big problem with Spurs is that i'm not sure they believe they can beat a team like City away. If they do, there is a chance.

The Manc derby just stands out as huge though. I think city will scrape through their other games.

I don't think it's possible for them to win on away goals is it? 

• Upvote 1

On 12/04/2019 at 14:14, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Hopefully this counts as reverse mockering, but I was reading a slightly worrying stat about Salah this morning.

Against the rest of the top six, PSG, Napoli and Bayern - a total of 15 games - he's managed just two goals (Napoli and Arsenal) and three assists this season.

Come on Mo, prove it's bullshit.

The power of reverse mockering.

• Upvote 2

I sit quite close to the players and had a brilliant view of Mo's rocket shot. The first goal was great but I had my concerns that the little diving hazard would score because he likes to against us, and he actually nearly did anyway. 

But after the initial euphoria of that amazing goal Mo scored I suddenly felt another strange feeling, it was as if all of the pessimism and doubts suddenly left me. It caught me quite unaware, a strange feeling. 

Now that doesn't mean jack shit really, we could win every single game and still come up short, but I'm a hell of a lot more optimistic right now than I've been for quite a while and ready finally to start enjoying the ride. 

• Upvote 2

Was searching for a clip of Mo's goal earlier.

Twitter informs me that opposition teams roll over for us, referees are biased in our favour and so too is Martin Tyler.

Looks like every fanbase - our own included -  has its tinfoil hat brigade these days. Were they always so large in number  or have the echo chambers of social media emboldened and amplified cranks?

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

You could also argue the exact opposite. If City were to lose in a heartbreaking manner on Tuesday they could be very low & vulnerable with the quadruple disappearing and Spurs seeing them as not unbeatable.

Their heads went last year when we knocked them out of the Champions League. More of the same would be lovely!

13 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Their heads went last year when we knocked them out of the Champions League. More of the same would be lovely!

They didn't really have anything to play for after that point, the league was all but wrapped up, all they had left was reaching 100 points. 

This year is different, they still need to maintain focus.

7 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

We're going to win the league. We're winning the rest of our games and City are dropping points against United.

This is what I’m feeling. They’ll draw with someone, somewhere along the road; we just have to keep winning. 

13 hours ago, Spring said:

This doing the rounds of late.

If it's being used to cunt-shame our whole fan-base, there's not a lot we can do about it.  Whoever did that was a Red and a cunt - and we do have more than enough "no pyro, no party" bellends happy to do shit like this.

17 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If it's being used to cunt-shame our whole fan-base, there's not a lot we can do about it.  Whoever did that was a Red and a cunt - and we do have more than enough "no pyro, no party" bellends happy to do shit like this.

Yep.  A lifetime ban and a good shoeing in order.  How these cunts even manage to breathe by themselves is beyond me.  

Finally got to watch our masterclass last night, after a busy weekend away. I really feel we're up for this, and I'm confident we can remain unbeaten, especially with Mo coming 'on song'. All the front three are playing well for the first time just about all season, so yes, we're up for it.

City. Just where are they going to bottle it? The obviously answer is Man U, but I'm not sure - City will be well mobilised for it - I can see a draw, but not a united win. However, that draw is two points lost to city and a shaken team. Leicester?