You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) Premier League 14/04/19

Bjornebye

That was just a brilliant performance from the best Liverpool TEAM I’ve had the pleasure of watching since being an adult.

over 90 minutes, a dangerous Chelsea team had 3 or 4 moments of genuine danger, and we bossed it for the vast majority.

there were probably 4 or 5 fantastic individual performances - I though Henderson (who I’ve been plenty critical of in the past) was outstanding. Firmino, Mane and Salah were all terrific, and Fabinho was awesome in centre mid, but everyone played well, and as a team we played brilliantly - working from the front, putting them under pressure from the off.

this team has so much belief in themselves, and it’s wonderful to see.

Keep it going Redmen. Keep it going.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm struggling to stick to the one game at a time approach that I've adopted up until now, particularly now we've got what appears to be our run of more difficult fixtures out of the way and City now enter their run of tougher games. 

I'm feeling like I was after we beat Norwich away late on in the 13/14 season. Excited, but nervously nauseous. Four huge games left. And desperately hoping for City to just drop the ball once. Even a fucking solitary draw may do, if we win our remaining four. 

It's going to be tough to take if we lose once all season, to City, and that costs us the title. 

C'mon football gods. Make it fucking happen for us! 

• Upvote 4

Big middle finger to all you negative cunts out there, we’ve got a quality side here boys and we could do it you know, I hate the anxiety that comes with watching us because I suffer on huge scale but I wouldn’t have it any other way, something special could happen at our club and I love where we are.... come on reds, I had to go for a walk when Mo scored my head went !!!!

Chelsea fans, when they're not being bitter, racist, yobs, can also be amusing:

I see no save from Allison that Kepa would not have made.

I do not rate Robertson over Emerson in any area. Just as Emerson struggled with Salah, Robertson had absolutely nothing on Hazard. 

VdV is better than Luiz, but Rudiger wipes the floor with VdV as a defender. (We are talking about the first team all season, and not just today's match since Liverpool could change their players as we speak)

Jorginho is a player who should never have come to Chelsea. Only Sarri knows why he is here. But in the role that Fabinho plays, Kante could better his defensive job even though he lacks behind him in offensive play. But you must know who shifted Kante the right and placed Jorginho there. Back to my original argument of us needing a proper manager.

Henderson is a water carrier with no particular skill. On a bad day you'd find such a player in Chelsea's reserve. To suggest that you'd sign Henderson over Loftus Cheek makes me laugh, quite honestly.

Sorry if already quoted, but some golden Jürgen moments in the presser:

"Very smart people will come out and say... yeahehe... if you had've won against Leicester you would be Champions now.  That's bullshit... only idiots bring something like this up... and finally on this point we can close the slipping book... it's not a Liverpool thing.  Done."

Not sure he's buying into the bottler brainboxes.

• Upvote 5

The only thing that shits me a tiny little bit about this season - and don't worry I'll live with it if I have to - is that if we do win the title, at some stage in the next weeks I will have to celebrate City making a mistake.

I just wish the only thing I had to celebrate was our wonderful spirit, determination and will to win - not those shits drawing or losing.

Still, so be it.  And I definitely won't grumble again.

I'll take it any way we can get it Skaro. 

Difference between our performance today and the last time we had a go was the intelligence in our approach and our patience in waiting for our opportunities to appear, instead of rushing and leaving ourselves totally open. We had one rocky period but other than that we were solid. 

Salah's goal was ridiculous. The Red Machine rolls on. 

• Like 1

Brilliant victory against a side who were totally unrecognisable from the shit show they put on against City.

This side just keep on defying the odds and it's such a shame that they are up against the doped up money cheats.

Having said that I really hope City beat Spurs in the Champions league as if they don't they ain't losing to them at the weekend as well. Hopefully it's such a horrible nasty game that Spurs are so wound up at going out to them that they are determined to put things right in the league

• Upvote 1

City scraping through on away goals with knocks to their main players would be the icing on the cake. Spurs have world class players so could turn them over in the league. The big problem with Spurs is that i'm not sure they believe they can beat a team like City away. If they do, there is a chance.

The Manc derby just stands out as huge though. I think city will scrape through their other games.