You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Porto (H) Champions League 9/4/19

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Had to say thought the pen was gonna be given, not to say I thought it was pen but based on the precedent set by the pen the Manx cunts got against PSG. Hendo and Keita were great offensively, tonight Mo looked sharp as fuck but final ball and touch just off. VVD was just imperious, Lovren great too. Good win on to the next one.

About time the Isle of Man was recognised by UEFA. 

• Upvote 3

Really weird game. I was there so no real idea on the manufactured controversies.

Thoughts: 

1. Our crowd is full of entitled cunts. Moaning at only winning a European Cup quarter final 2-0. Leaving with 6 minutes to go. Berating Sturridge on his first meaningful appearance for ages. Life in the Upper Centenary.

2. Speaking of which, why do they always allow about 200 away fans in the non-hospitality seats in the upper centenary for European games? Accident waiting to happen.

3. Henderson is much better as our most attacking midfielder. Excellent tonight. The same can be said of most of our other central midfielders and I think Keita could rally excell there. Hard to see Shaq getting a look in any time soon. Keita did I Give the ball away too much, as did Bobby and (the otherwise excellent) Fabinho.

4. Playing a high press and charging forward in numbers against a counterweight-attacking side when 2-0 up at home in a European first leg? Welcome back 2016.

5. Trent was superb. Mo’s Movement was top draw. Just need his decision making to come back. Almost good in first half came from those two.

6. Fuck off VAR.

7. Big first 20 minutes at their place. Don’t concede in that period and we should be fine. Treat this like the Bayern 2nd leg please, not like Belgrade away. These are decent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

1. Our crowd is full of entitled cunts. Moaning at only winning a European Cup quarter final 2-0.

2. Speaking of which, why do they always allow about 200 away fans in the non-hospitality seats in the upper centenary for European games? Accident waiting to happen.

Posh, entitled accident?

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Iker Casillas on Twitter, crying about Trent’s ‘handball’ and Salah’s tackle, the sad bastard.

In fairness I thought Salah got away with a red on that. In real time I didn't think it was but looking at the replays at different angels I'm surprised VAR didn't screw us for that.

5 minutes ago, Mark M said:

In fairness I thought Salah got away with a red on that. In real time I didn't think it was but looking at the replays at different angels I'm surprised VAR didn't screw us for that.

I thought the same initially.

But looking at it a couple of times... I thought he was actually trying to put his foot on top of the ball to pull it back to himself.  And missed/was late.

3 minutes ago, skaro said:

But looking at it a couple of times... I thought he was actually trying to put his foot on top of the ball to pull it back to himself.  And missed.

4 minutes ago, skaro said:

But looking at it a couple of times... I thought he was actually trying to put his foot on top of the ball to pull it back to himself.  And missed.

Same here, and he was having his arm pulled as well.

18 minutes ago, Mark M said:

If an opponent had laid one like that on VVD, I'd imagine the perspective might be different in some quarters. I think he was fortunate to get away with nothing. Accident or no - and I don't believe he did it on purpose - you see those given as Red Cards frequently. It probably doesn't fall under Violent or Serious Foul play, but hard to judge at the full speed of a game for a referee if he sees the foot land on a shin like that. He was off balance, he didn't follow through so easy to see as an accident on replay. 

9 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

Really weird game. I was there so no real idea on the manufactured controversies.

Thoughts: 

1. Our crowd is full of entitled cunts. Moaning at only winning a European Cup quarter final 2-0. Leaving with 6 minutes to go. Berating Sturridge on his first meaningful appearance for ages. Life in the Upper Centenary.

3. Henderson is much better as our most attacking midfielder. Excellent tonight. The same can be said of most of our other central midfielders and I think Keita could rally excell there. Hard to see Shaq getting a look in any time soon. Keita did I Give the ball away too much, as did Bobby and (the otherwise excellent) Fabinho.

4. Playing a high press and charging forward in numbers against a counterweight-attacking side when 2-0 up at home in a European first leg? Welcome back 2016.

5. Trent was superb. Mo’s Movement was top draw. Just need his decision making to come back. Almost good in first half came from those two.

6. Fuck off VAR.

7. Big first 20 minutes at their place. Don’t concede in that period and we should be fine. Treat this like the Bayern 2nd leg please, not like Belgrade away. These are decent.

Did people in the stadium have any idea that the VAR call was in session? Crazy that those watching television are better informed.

Look at the lads reaction.  He doesn’t even know he’s been touched.  It looks well worse in slow motion.  Knowing Salah’s dribbling mannerisms he will have been trying to drag the ball back.  I don’t think he’s got it in him to put in a nasty challenge on anyone.  All that being said I was shocked to see him not sent off for it.

Just another point as well.  Look st the Porto players challenge.  He’s studs up with both feet off the ground.  He’s just quicker than Mo to the ball.

Thought we played well, got the win and the goals we needed.

We will easily go through to the next round.

We have Chelsea up next in the league, why use more energy than we needed to?

We have 9 games left, we will win them all.

• Upvote 5

Thought the referee was pretty fair overall.

It would have been a ridiculous decision, but more financially doped clubs have had VAR penalties given against them for less.

Also, can only imagine the reaction on here if we were on the receiving end of a tackle like Mo's.

11 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

Thoughts: 

I was an ST holder in the upper centenary for years. The last row of season tickets. It was always shit then.