Quantcast
Porto (H) Champions League 9/4/19 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Bjornebye

Porto (H) Champions League 9/4/19

Do what we've been doing well all season, none of what we haven't, do whatever it takes to win, etc etc...

Oh, and a performance of dominance where we look like the attacking dynamos of last season would be most welcome too.

• Upvote 1

Good thread. We should get at these as quick as possible and not give them a moment to settle 

Gini looks like he's been carrying some injury for the last few games so I'd play the magic subs alongside Fab. Usual attack. Same defence assuming Trent is ok although I reckon we will see the return of Lovren. 

1 hour ago, aws said:

Good thread. We should get at these as quick as possible and not give them a moment to settle 

Gini looks like he's been carrying some injury for the last few games so I'd play the magic subs alongside Fab. Usual attack. Same defence assuming Trent is ok although I reckon we will see the return of Lovren. 

Think you maybe right but can't think of a decent recent to drop Matip given he is improving with his run in the team.

Keeping a clean sheet is massive here. It’s something we’ve been struggling with lately. Get that sorted and we’ll be ok. 1-0 would do me. They’ll be worried to fuck at their place after our performance last year. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Deffo part of the UEFA conspiracy. They've long had groundsmen in place to fuck up the penalty spot and injure players. Played the long game here, hot balls for the draw then got the man on the inside to do the dirty work. Be a travesty for football if we win this

16 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I winced a bit seeing him go down.

I winced hard seeing his gesture on the bench. 

Blatant dive

Always wary of playing teams in cup competitions that you've hammered the years before. I guess I'm old enough to remember the Souness hat-trick when we beat CSKA Sofia 5-1 (6-1 on agg) in 81 but then the following year controversially they knocked us out 2-1 on agg.

Not sure if it's pretty much the same Porto side as last season but if it is then you would think if they have any sort of professional pride then they will be up for it