You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Porto (H) Champions League 9/4/19

Bjornebye

Do what we've been doing well all season, none of what we haven't, do whatever it takes to win, etc etc...

Oh, and a performance of dominance where we look like the attacking dynamos of last season would be most welcome too.

• Upvote 1

Good thread. We should get at these as quick as possible and not give them a moment to settle 

Gini looks like he's been carrying some injury for the last few games so I'd play the magic subs alongside Fab. Usual attack. Same defence assuming Trent is ok although I reckon we will see the return of Lovren. 

1 hour ago, aws said:

Good thread. We should get at these as quick as possible and not give them a moment to settle 

Gini looks like he's been carrying some injury for the last few games so I'd play the magic subs alongside Fab. Usual attack. Same defence assuming Trent is ok although I reckon we will see the return of Lovren. 

Think you maybe right but can't think of a decent recent to drop Matip given he is improving with his run in the team.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Just get the three points and move onto the next game...

Go make your tea at 8.05pm and we will be a goal up in no time.

Keeping a clean sheet is massive here. It’s something we’ve been struggling with lately. Get that sorted and we’ll be ok. 1-0 would do me. They’ll be worried to fuck at their place after our performance last year. 

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I haven't seen a minute of Porto this season. What players do we need to be wary of?

Their left back is really good. I think his name is Andros Robersono.

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Deffo part of the UEFA conspiracy. They've long had groundsmen in place to fuck up the penalty spot and injure players. Played the long game here, hot balls for the draw then got the man on the inside to do the dirty work. Be a travesty for football if we win this

Always wary of playing teams in cup competitions that you've hammered the years before. I guess I'm old enough to remember the Souness hat-trick when we beat CSKA Sofia 5-1 (6-1 on agg) in 81 but then the following year controversially they knocked us out 2-1 on agg.

Not sure if it's pretty much the same Porto side as last season but if it is then you would think if they have any sort of professional pride then they will be up for it