You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Mar 30 - April 3 2019)

tlw content

Is it just me or do City seem to score in the first 5-10 minutes of every game? It’s fucking tiresome and it’s the main reason why I just avoid their games completely now and don’t even bother checking the score until it’s finished.

Realistically, after such a fast start they should be putting six or seven past these shit teams but they get to 2-0 up and then just pass the ball around for the rest of the game. It’s almost like it’s a pre-arranged agreement. “Let us go a couple up and then we’ll go easy on you. Alternatively, you can make a fight of it and we’ll embarrass you and take a fucking sledgehammer to your goal difference. Your choice”.

That Fulham side without Mitrovic and Schurrle was fucking brutal. Babel at centre forward, some fucker I’d never heard of on the right and Ryan Sessegnon on the left. How much has his stock fallen this season by the way? He’s barely contributed anything for months. 

A year ago you’d have been paying £60m for him, now I’m not sure that a) he’d cost much more than half that, and b) any top team would still want him even at that price.

I’d probably still take him but only at the right price. He could still thrive under the right manager and with better players around him, but he’s not the sure thing he looked a year ago. He’s still really young though and this might just be a small bump in the road. 

Can’t have been easy for him this year as Fulham are a mess. We were the only club to spend more than them last summer but what did they get for their money? Nothing. Schurrle is the only one who made any kind of impact. The others have all bombed spectacularly.

They’ve had three managers too. And you have to feel a little sorry for their forwards when they know they need to score three just to have a chance of winning. The attackers started the season well under Jokanovic but since he was canned Sessegnon has vanished and Mitrovic’s goals have dried up. 

That defence has been historically bad, but when you have the likes of Tim Ream in it then is it any wonder? He didn’t play against City, which would have been good news if his replacement wasn’t the even worse Le Marchand. Out of the frying pan into the fucking erupting volcano.

Fulham’s players started the game as though they had big money on a City landslide. They just kept passing the ball to City players on the edge of their own box. Fucking losers. Both of City’s goals came from Fulham players just inexplicably giving them the ball in their own defensive third. City are good enough that they don’t need this kind of help to win games, but Fulham gave them it anyway. Pricks.

Can’t believe I spent most of the season thinking (and hoping) they’d get out of it because they can play nice football. Since Jokanovic left they don't even really play nice football, but they've still leaked goals like a sieve. They’re fucking shite. All they have is Mitrovic, who needs to get the hell out of dodge now because he’s a top half of the Premier League calibre striker playing in a Championship standard team.

They were officially relegated in midweek after they were destroyed by Watford. Doucoure scored for the second game in succession, but Babel found the net to make it 1-1 and give them hope. Then they got steamrollered and my boy Troy got one of the goals. Bye bye Fulham.

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic
  • dave u unpinned this topic