You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mane: We need to win all our games to claim Premier League title

tlw content

To reach the top of your chosen sport one thing you need is a positive mentality. Sadio Mane is a clear believer in that mantra and that is why he believes why the Reds should be aiming to win every game from now until the end of the season.

The Reds passed a searching test from Tottenham at Anfield on Sunday as they continue to go toe to toe with Man City in what has been an absorbing title race.

At this time of the season the permutations that get discussed on seemingly a daily basis are endless. 

With all the background noise that is around, it is essential that you do not get distracted by what your main rivals may or may not do and keep their mind on the job at hand.

That is why Mane believes the easiest thing to do is keep winning which will not only improve Liverpool's prospects, but also ramp up the pressure on Man City at the same time.

Sky Sports reported Mane as saying:

"To be honest I think we need to win all of the games, even if it will not be easy.

“But we still can win every game because we are a good team and we play very well.

While pieces of individual brilliance and superb team play are imperative factors in winning the league, so too is keeping going to the final minutes of matches when the legs are aching and the mind is tired.

The Reds have been known as masters of the 'late show' this season with three of their wins secured in the 90th minute or later.

The fact that the Reds were beneficiaries of such a unique set of circumstances for the second time this season on Sunday led some to think that the name of Liverpool is destined to appear on the Premier League trophy come May.

While Mane doesn't want to have those thoughts cross his mind at this stage, he says it is certainly a positive sign.

mane3_600.jpg

"To be honest I don't know because we have a few more games to go. But it's a good sign.

“That's what makes you more motivated and makes everyone say 'Let's go, we can do it' so I think it's always important.

“This is a very good sign and I think everything is possible so let's do it and win it."

With Mo Salah going through a goal drought for the first time in his Liverpool career, Mane has filled the breach superbly scoring nine league goals in as many games.

Despite his name not appearing on the scoresheet on Sunday, Mane was far from disheartened and was more focused on team success.

"That's football; sometimes you score, sometimes not. It can happen.

"But we don't forget that it's all about the team. When the team is winning, that's more important."

View full article

I think the Leicester and West ham games are the ones that will of ultimately cost us. Drawing at old Trafford and goodison aren't bad results they're derby games but those two were golden opportunities and we shit the bed. Still incredible what we have done, I just think city are more likely to get maximum points with what's left than we do regardless of them fighting on all fronts.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think the Leicester and West ham games are the ones that will of ultimately cost us. Drawing at old Trafford and goodison aren't bad results they're derby games but those two were golden opportunities and we shit the bed. Still incredible what we have done, I just think city are more likely to get maximum points with what's left than we do regardless of them fighting on all fronts.

I think that's incredibly harsh to Bobby to say "we shit the bed" when you consider the number of points we've got and games we've won. You aren't going to win every game (if anything City have so far "shit the bed" more than us) and  I know City have set an incredible high bar but I hope if we do fall short people don't start harping on about a draw here and a draw there as if this team is some sort of bottlers.

Everyone goes on about the luck we've had recently but when you consider the Mane disallowed goal at Arsenal, Kompany non-sending off and Atkinson's two decision's in that Leicester game we could and should be home and dry.    

• Upvote 2

I think we could win all our games, but so could City. This is going to be a case of who blinks first and if neither do, then City win.

Still too early to tell but when the games come thick and fast for City, that's when blinking becomes possible.

36 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I agree on West Ham but the conditions in that Leicester game were a massive leveller.  That's not even taking into account the stone-wall pen we didn't get. 

I also think if we become the first team in history to get over 90 points and not win the league and possibly record the 3rd highest points total ever at the same time then it's sheer bad luck that we're up against this City team more than any faults of our own.

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

I think that's incredibly harsh to Bobby to say "we shit the bed" when you consider the number of points we've got and games we've won. You aren't going to win every game (if anything City have so far "shit the bed" more than us) and  I know City have set an incredible high bar but I hope if we do fall short people don't start harping on about a draw here and a draw there as if this team is some sort of bottlers.

Everyone goes on about the luck we've had recently but when you consider the Mane disallowed goal at Arsenal, Kompany non-sending off and Atkinson's two decision's in that Leicester game we could and should be home and dry.    

I'm not going to complain about this season if we don't finish first. I think we have done insanely well.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The most annoying part is that we were winning those games before conceding. 

On the other hand we could have beat Leicester and West ham but drew 2 out of the home everton, manc, arsenal or tottenham games and at face value they wouldn't have been bad results. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

City will beat Cardiff so we need to beat Southampton. Then their fixtures get fruity. It’s still very much on, lads. 

Why some people think its cut and dried they will win there remaining games there is bound to be a twist somewhere

4 minutes ago, Aventus said:

We've got Mane saying we need to win every game, and Matip saying we'll probably drop points but City probably will too. 

I'm getting mixed messages here. 

Maybe there playing mind games or something

Sadio Mane’s former Southampton team-mate Oriol Romeu says the Liverpool star is prepared to move to Real Madrid.

Mane has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, although the Daily Mirror recently claimed Liverpool will resist all offer from Los Blancos, while Ok Diario now claim that Liverpool have demanded £196m to let the Senegal international go.

Mane and Romeu played 30 games together in 2015-16 on the south coast under Ronald Koeman before moving to Anfield at the end of that season for  £34million.

“What I would highlight, above all, is his speed,” said Romeu.”He is a very electric and dizzying player. He has exceptional physical and technical qualities.

“At Liverpool he’s grown a lot. This season he’s enjoying his best season in front of goal. I think he’s acquired calmness and composure when finishes moves, either scoring [himself] or assisting. That is key.”

After 12 goals and seven assists in his final season for Saints, Mane has moved to a different level and this term he already has 20 goals and four assists, after 20 goals last season for the Reds.

And Spanish midfielder Romeu, who will come up against Mane on Friday at St Mary’s, thinks the forward would fit in at the Bernabeu.

“Yes, he is prepared (to make the jump to playing for Real Madrid),” he recently told Marca.

“Madrid are a little weak in attack and he’s the type of player that does a lot of damage in open spaces.

“He could help them reverse their current situation.”