You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (A) 5/4/2019

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Just stopped hyperventilating. Fuckers for putting me through this. My Gran passed away today so this one is bittersweet and beautiful. 

Redmen forever. 

That's tough, mate. I hope you're doing alright, let me know if you need to talk or alternatively there's great services out there like https://www.cruse.org.uk/

If it adds a smile to your face, she's probably up there twirling her top in the air screaming Salahs name. 

Keep the family close for the next few days - best remedy is being around those that love you.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

I genuinely laughed out loud.  An irrelevant goal in the scheme of things, but fair play to the dopey fucker for running up the pitch with the energy of a substitute to knock the ball into an empty net.

DX84EcrVAAAVKDm.jpg

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Cheers. As I said It's bittersweet. Sad she is gone but glad she's not in pain anymore. She was 94. Some innings. She loved football and would always put it on for us when we were kids. YNWA. 

She sounds like the very best kind

That Salah goal was unreal. Couldn't believe he didn't pass at first, then to see it go in was amazing. Glad Hendo and Keita got goals too. Great win and ending to the game, even if the nerves drove me a bit mad as usual with these recent matches.

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

An irrelevant goal in the scheme of things..,,

Oh come on, it wasn’t. It finished the game off. Give him a smidgeon of credit. Just this once. Go on. You can do it if you really, really try. I know you can.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I genuinely laughed out loud.  An irrelevant goal in the scheme of things, but fair play to the dopey fucker for running up the pitch with the energy of a substitute to knock the ball into an empty net.

Support a different team you toxic, coffin-dodging fuckstick. 

• Downvote 1

Cannot knock the players for the resilience they're showing but we need some games that don't put us through the ringer. Just one or two of those training exercises that pass for City's league games, with a flurry of early goals and opponents who never manage a pass in our half, a shot on or off target, or a corner, never mind a goal.

I don't think we rode our luck in this one. We were awful for the first half an hour but Southampton didn't exactly have a host of chances. We did our usual thing of obliging can't-hit-a-cow's-arse-with-a-banjo Shane Long with a goal through some real sloppiness. We struggled to pass the ball to each other and we created nothing ourselves, but we at least made sure we were still in it.

Then Naby got his first goal for us and that relaxed us. A little too much as we sat back and let them dictate for the rest of the half. The midfield was very disjointed and both Fabinho and Wijnaldum looked like they were lacking in energy.

What really turned the game in our favour were the substitutions. Both Milner and Hendo played like they were champing at the bit, and it raised the intensity of the rest and our link-up play with the attackers started to look more threatening.

On the penalty shout, I think it's the fact Keita's touch took the ball well away from him is what decided it for the ref. The contact on Keita was clear-cut though, and the likes of Sterling and Zaha have repeatedly been given penalties regardless in the same situation. I was annoyed that it wasn't given but we've been on the wrong end of far worse decisions than that one. I liked that Keita was prepared to drive at the defence as we have lacked that in so many games. It was a key factor in our good run of form towards the end of last season when Ox was playing that role.

Mo finally scored after an interminable amount of time, and a belter it was too. He just looked much more assured with his touch and decision making, not snatching at the shot and instead taking a second to open up the angle. Hendo wrapped things up with a collector's item - a rare goal. He's always had the ability to make these forward runs but even when he wasn't playing the deep-lying role he seemed reluctant to make forward runs, and lacked conviction when he finally took a shot. No such problems tonight.

A win puts us back on top even though City have a game in hand. We already have more points than Leicester finished with when they won the title, and they won it by NINE points that year!

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Cheers. As I said It's bittersweet. Sad she is gone but glad she's not in pain anymore. She was 94. Some innings. She loved football and would always put it on for us when we were kids. YNWA. 

I think I'll raise a malt whisky to Granny Zonk and the indomitable Reds.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1