You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gigs you have been far too smashed to remember being at

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Underworld at the Royal Court off my tits on acid and speed. Strange mix. Tripping your bollocks off but still running around wanting to talk absolute shite to anybody. 

Also see Hawkwind at Royal Court. Similar but on guest list. Too wrecked to risk going backstage as I couldn't have told the difference between Hawkwind, their roadies or their plates of sarnies and beer. 

That was our soup du jour before getting into e’s, used to be funny in a club seeing the e-freaks gurning like fuck - while yer acid drenched brain tries to process their face and comprehend that the ugly bastards are trying to converse.

• Upvote 1

Beastie Boys, Paris, 1994.

If I'm going to spend a shit load of money getting there I should have perhaps laid off the Stella on the coach/ferry. 

Blink 182  London Astoria in 1997. You have found me in the toilet puking for most of it.

Glastonbury 1998. A complete haze.

Special mention to Oasis/MSP/OCS at Maine Road, I do remember it but not sure how seeing it was a rather hot day and I put away a lot of beer that day.

I'm more sensible these days.

On 22/03/2019 at 18:19, Bjornebye said:

Got a list as long as my arm but the stand out one is Oasis Wembley 2000. 16 years old , coach down with a load of fellas, thinking I could handle it. One of them had to stand at the back with me for the whole gig while I was on a different planet off my face. He reminds me everytime I see him the old bastard. 

Friday or Saturday? 

On 22/03/2019 at 20:05, Juniper said:

I have indeed, some of my own in fact.

I even have a dvd of a gig where I fell off the drum stool mid set.

Fun times in my 20’s. 

Thankfully stayed sober at the Oasis Wembley Stadium 2000 gig on the Friday night and remember it vividly. Great sets from Oasis, Doves and Happy Monday’s.

Great day out.

We went on the Saturday and had Black Rebel Motorcycle Club too. 

Was a brilliant gig and a funny as fuck day out. 

Guest Kemlynreds

The last one I remember not remembering was Eric Clapton at Royal Albert Hall last year, the only thing I remember was the security guard that kicked us out of the bar at the end of the night was a red, but he might have just been saying that to get me out if there now I think about it.

Suede at Manchester Ritz in 2010.  Started drinking at 9am due to a certain sporting event in Salford.  Got home around 5pm already a bit leathered, drank a bottle of wine and headed out.  Apparently at the venue I was jumping all over people and just generally being a dick and the Mrs had to take me home.  The hangover seemed to last until Thursday iirc.

17 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Friday or Saturday? 

The 2nd day , Liam was more off his face than me (apparently). I thought it was a Sunday though 

Kasabian at Brixton Academy around 2010. Me and my mate started on the ale in mine at about 10am, got on the train with a bottle of captain morgans to London. Went on the piss round Brixton, somehow managed to make the gig. About 6 songs in we wanted another beer, as we walked back towards the bar (It was heaving) I decided to get onto the disabled platform and had hold of some fellas arms. He was in a wheelchair and i'm going "I'm on Fiiiiire" and he just looked at me and shouted "Its not even that song you fucking dick" As i turned around my mate had about 5 security guards around him. They threw us out for being too drunk. Cant remember a fucking note Kasabian played. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The 2nd day , Liam was more off his face than me (apparently). I thought it was a Sunday though

Kasabian at Brixton Academy around 2010. Me and my mate started on the ale in mine at about 10am, got on the train with a bottle of captain morgans to London. Went on the piss round Brixton, somehow managed to make the gig. About 6 songs in we wanted another beer, as we walked back towards the bar (It was heaving) I decided to get onto the disabled platform and had hold of some fellas arms. He was in a wheelchair and i'm going "I'm on Fiiiiire" and he just looked at me and shouted "Its not even that song you fucking dick" As i turned around my mate had about 5 security guards around him. They threw us out for being too drunk. Cant remember a fucking note Kasabian played. 

They played the Friday night and Saturday evening. 

Later that week the Happy Monday’s were in a ferry to Dublin and they had to turn it around they were so smashed and causing agro. 

I went to the Stones at Wembley in 1990.

Had hospitality tickets.

Spent most of the night in the bar watching the semi-final of an event historically known as Italia 90.

Was lucky to even make it to Wembley as about 10 cabs knocked me back because they were rushing home to watch same.

Ben Folds Five at the Manc Academy in 97.

It wasn't necessarily that I don't remember it but I had a couple beforehand and got massively dehydrated. Ended up staggering head first into a wall that I thought was an empty space in the crowd.

I'm pretty sure drugs weren't involved

Voodoo Glow Skulls - Newport TJs.  Back in the day I'd go to gigs just to see the local support bands who'd regularly play, on this occasion one broke up on the way to the gig, leaving a good hour before the headliners were due to come on stage.  We decided to down a load of blue drinks and the compulsory TJs cans of red stripe.  Could barely stand during VGS, then went to a club in town, where I threw up, told a guy who temporarily lived in our flat that he was a cunt (he was - drug dealing prick who robbed our mail) and apparently topped the evening off by jumping on a mechanical bull and falling off before it was even turned on.  At that point I had a moment of clarity and decided it was time to walk home.  Managed to stack it when I got back in as well.  

Woke up with a drumstick.

• Upvote 1