Quantcast
The Twitter Way - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
TK421

The Twitter Way

People using their phone while driving, in the age of Bluetooth, are cunts.

Not Twitter, but best catching a driver on their phone ever at 58 seconds in...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It would be fair enough if they had a stated rule against calling people a cunt, but they don't.  Instead, you get banned for "hateful conduct".  The rules say "You may not promote violence against, threaten or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability or serious disease."  Then they ban you arbitrarily when you've done none of that, you've just called some cunt a cunt.

I guess the standards have to be set somewhere, it's a huge platform with millions of users.  

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Anubis said:

People using their phone while driving, in the age of Bluetooth, are cunts.

Not Twitter, but best catching a driver on their phone ever at 58 seconds in...

Currently in Florida, I’d struggle to compile a video of 50 drivers not using their phones. Roughly 16% of drivers in this state watch movies on their phone whilst driving. A fair amount hold their phones in front of their face between themselves and their airbag, obviously the phone could easily be forced through their head should their inability to concentrate cause an accident in which it deployed. I’ve seen a few with large phones resting on the wheel while watching movies.

Traffic lights are fun, a good proportion fail to notice the change to green, something that is increasing over in the uk too. 

Add to their almost zero awareness when driving, the very low competency levels and their recklessness when driving in torrential rain, I’m surprised most reach old age. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I hate driving. It blows my mind people can use a phone while driving.

It really annoys me- is your fucking phone call or checking Twitter that important that you will willingly endanger other people? Selfish cunts, pull over for a couple of minutes if you absolutely have to use it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

I guess the standards have to be set somewhere, it's a huge platform with millions of users.  

They need to be explicit, though. Otherwise you just have to try to guess what you've been banned for (just like we're doing now) and you can't know what you're supposed to do to stay within their undeclared rules.

I think 'cunt' would be classed as a gendered insult in the US, rather than the more general usage it gets in the UK and Australia. Maybe that's why?

It’s a private company doing what it wants. It has rules and they aren’t applied equally. In my head it’s like a pub, some people will get away with shit because they know the landlord. But how can you complain if it’s their platform? 

• Like 1

Questioned Rachel Riley earlier on her lies and hypocrisy. She blocked me without responding. 

One horrible fucking cunt that. 

• Upvote 1