You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) 31/3/2019

Bjornebye

Looks like he didn’t commit to the full header because he thought Milner was going to go for it and don’t want a clash of heads. Sensible decision. We don’t need two key players going off with a head injury at this stage of the season.

That was the kind of result that united under fergie got regularly when they won titles, just like we often got in the 70s and 80s. We probably slightly deserved a win, but we could have lost. Spurs have top class players all over the park and i was worried we would drop points before the game.

I said before it that if we come through spurs-southampton-chelsea with nine points then we have a massive chance. I expect city to drop 2-4 points, but the fixtures after the chelsea game are not too bad at all. Wolves has the look of a banana skin on the final day, but it would be a shock if it wasn't six points. Newcastle could be safe and cardiff and huddersfield should be 6 points with a few goals.

If City win all their remaining games, then fuck it, we came second to a  great team.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

I think it's more unlikely that we are still top of the league against this man city team. They are incredible, the best team the premier league has ever seen (imo)

Klopp isnt perfect and neither is this Liverpool side but i think it's important to realise what they are doing before we say it's all down to luck, bad management or poor play. We just don't give up, and that's what football is all about sometimes. 

A champions league final last year, Top of the league, going toe to toe with a financial powerhouse, still in the quarter finals of the UCL this season. The development of this squad is brilliant and that's down to the manager. 

Sure we could play better and Klopp could make better decisions but they are obviously feeling the pressure just like all the fans. Fair fuck's to them to keep pulling out results with the weight of expectation and hope they are carrying around from millions of supporters around the world. Not to mention their own desire and ambition to achieve something (especially since they've lost 3 finals in a row)

"Heavy legged" Klopp said in his press conference. That's pure pressure, nothing to do with fitness. Klopp's tactics or substitutions won't really effect that at this stage. Maybe a little but not as much as you may think mate. They are doing brilliant and it doesn't matter how they play now, just dig in and grind through it and hope it goes our way. 

We aren't going to walk to our first title in 29 years by playing amazing football and blowing teams away for 38 games. The first one will always have to be won this way. I'm immensely proud of this side and our manager, i just hope they can win it for us and themselves, they deserve it.

Great post, completely let down by the use of an apostrophe in "fucks".

Come on people. If we're to be champions, we need better standards.