You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) 31/3/2019

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Don't do it to yourself. Many thought that of the CL final and look how that ended. I just enjoy the ride and never get far ahead of myself. Massive win. Shout out to Manè who was superb. VVD was excellent as per and Fab was savage when he came on. Get in, Redmen!

There have been many near misses down the years that I'm kind of immune to it by now, so why not? Don't worry I'll accept all the blame if this is another one of those. 

And your are right about Fabinho. He simply has to play every game now. What a player. 

8 hours ago, Bernard Diomede said:

In a Celtic madhouse in Motherwell and nobody’s arsed about watching it. Proper lost my shit there when that went in. I said to myself as Trent stepped up for the corner, if we score here we’re gonna win the league. And we scored! 

Sams bar, Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka, left in absolutely no doubt who the Liverpool fan was when that goal went in. 

• Upvote 3

Great result, hopefully the performances pick up a bit as we'll need it for the remaining fixtures. We need to go for the jugular more when we are on top in games, could probably have swept this lot away in the first half yesterday had we really pushed on.

People slagging off Loris in the media I think are a bit daft, the level of concentration and psychological certainty required when being battered in the final stages of games to see you through is considerable, he failed to attain perfection and now is being roundly condemned for it.

43 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

The Achterberg effect is really kicking in now. Give him until Xmas and Becker will be as much use as Mignolet.

If he was just a useless wage thief it would be bad enough but he is actually sabotaging our chances.

That period of Allison and Henderson giving the ball away at the end of the 1st half is what kick started all their pressure. They may only be small mistakes but they cause a momentum shift. 

I genuinely think Allison is awful with his feet, I don't know where his good reputation came from in that respect. Shit stopping he has proven to be brilliant though. 

45 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

The Achterberg effect is really kicking in now. Give him until Xmas and Becker will be as much use as Mignolet.

If he was just a useless wage thief it would be bad enough but he is actually sabotaging our chances.

Know your comment slightly tongue in cheek fully understand considering Becker's performance yesterday. However his howlers kinda strange for me as I fully expect him to recover from them. Instead of insane hair pulling on my part sort of say wtf is going on and laugh at it and in a way I think that is his strength also. Make a mistake put it out of your mind onwards to next mistake or world class save. The likes of James , westerveld, Marius and mings got troubled by their mistakes and spiralled towards goal keeping oblivion .

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

That period of Allison and Henderson giving the ball away at the end of the 1st half is what kick started all their pressure. They may only be small mistakes but they cause a momentum shift. 

I genuinely think Allison is awful with his feet, I don't know where his good reputation came from in that respect. Shit stopping he has proven to be brilliant though. 

He genuinely isn't. Henderson should be wearing a Jason mask during matches as he does his best to scare the living daylights out of everyone in the stadium and watching on the TV. He does a pretty good job too. That's why players make mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Know your comment slightly tongue in cheek fully understand considering Becker's performance yesterday. However his howlers kinda strange for me as I fully expect him to recover from them. Instead of insane hair pulling on my part sort of say wtf is going on and laugh at it and in a way I think that is his strength also. Make a mistake put it out of your mind onwards to next mistake or world class save. The likes of James , westerveld, Marius and mings got troubled by their mistakes and spiralled towards goal keeping oblivion .

Not tongue in cheek at all.Since his arrival EVERY goalkeeper he has coached - Reina, Jones, mignolet, Karius and all the 2nd/3rd string keepers have noticeably declined under his coaching. Especially in their decision making.

I didn't have a ticket yesterday and watched the game alone in my house.

I actually think I learned something about myself and my defence mechanisms while watching it.  Usually for big games I'm on edge and well invested in the game throughout but I wasn't yesterday and reasoned with myself during it that it was because City are almost certainly going to win the league anyway so it was inevitable that the point it was gone was going to come at some point (and of course it still might).  Had we drawn I'd have been disappointed but almost relieved that a bigger disappointment was not likely to be waiting further down the road with the end being closer.

When Firmino scored I celebrated but not too much at all but the winner was a different matter.  I don't think I've ever celebrated a goal like that on my own.  Shouting at the top of my voice and jumping around the room.  I  was probably not too different than I was in the Kop when Origi scored and I tore a load of skin off the back of my leg.

This means so much and I think the only way to make it bearable is by pretending that it doesn't.  If we win these next two then I don't think I'll be able to keep up any pretence as if we do that then I think we'll win it.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Spring said:

Screenshot 2019-04-01 at 09.25.38.png

All gone a bit tin hat over at BM.

In fairness, there have been plenty of slightly toned-down versions of similar conspiracy theories on here at times about referees, cup draws (though that one went quiet when we got Porto) and other teams not trying against our title opponents.

He should just be happy his team won the financial doping lottery and also that he'll never have any trouble getting tickets for any game he wants at their stadium. They might even give him a little plastic flag if it's against a big side.

51 minutes ago, Daisy said:

5EBD5D99-7B09-431C-A34B-1CE108EC96BD.jpeg

2 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

People slagging off Loris in the media I think are a bit daft, the level of concentration and psychological certainty required when being battered in the final stages of games to see you through is considerable, he failed to attain perfection and now is being roundly condemned for it.

He’s just no longer good enough. Hasn’t been for a couple of years now.