You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) 31/3/2019

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I don't think him winning the World Cup means more than he was decent or very good even. Didn't he make a mistake in the final? But France' attacking prowess saw them through ultimately.

Let’s replace Bobby with Eder as he won Portugal the Euros a couple of years ago. Lol logic as per from 3 Stacks.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, A_S said:

Doing a 'Karius' in the final automatically disqualified him from a 'fantastic' World Cup. That he was lucky enough his team bailed him out is a different matter. 

A final his team wouldn't have been in without him.    

22 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Especially as he had to cover all the mistakes of the utterly terrible Varane.

Never said Varane was terrible, just that he was overrated. People make it out as if he was as good as peak Rio Ferdinand. He’s a good solid defender whom only the football nerds will remember in 10 years time. Think Abelardo or Alkorta. 

20 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Or any other defender off the vowels only draft list. All class.

Abijdal - boss

Aldair - world cup winner, serie a legend

Aldair though not quite ‘elite’ was a great defender. Is Varane better than Aldair was? I have my doubts. Yet punters talk about him as if he was the same level as the likes of Nesta, Kohler, Sammer.

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

A final his team wouldn't have been in without him.    

Both can be true though? It was a horrific error on the biggest stage in football,  yet his team winning meant it becomes a mere footnote. 

Karius' career looks like it could be over before it really began and he's now a meme for life, even with the mitigating circumstances from being potentially affected by the elbow to the head minutes earlier. And no matter what he did in the earlier rounds, the errors plus the result meant he was never getting a 'fantastic' rating. 

On 21/03/2019 at 00:10, Alex_K said:

Karius made howler after howler in the earlier rounds too. A disgraceful excuse for a footballer.

I don't think he did,he ultimately just isn't anywhere near good enough. His mental state was bad enough before the final and now its even worse. Probably be playing in the 3.Liga in Germany at about 28 after a few seasons being passed around more than Tony's ma and it will suddenly hit him that he maybe shouldn't have been on Social Media so much. Strikes me as an unbelievably dim footballer,an area where he has some stiff competition.

11 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

His mistakes against both City and Roma could very easily have put us out of the competition.

Can't remember the City one but if we'd have blown it against Roma then it would not have been just Karius fault. I'm still steaming at how we nearly lost it anyway and I reckon its a reason why Klopp is reluctant to play as open as we did last season once again.

22 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Can't remember the City one but if we'd have blown it against Roma then it would not have been just Karius fault. I'm still steaming at how we nearly lost it anyway and I reckon its a reason why Klopp is reluctant to play as open as we did last season once again.

He punched the ball against Milner and got away with it through the bad offside call at 1-0 down in the away leg at City.

Also, he let Kolarov's shot go through his hands and on to the bar and nearly into the top corner at 0-0 in the first leg against Roma.  That's without the fuck ups in the second leg.

1 minute ago, Turkish Delight said:

He punched the ball against Milner and got away with it through the bad offside call at 1-0 down in the away leg at City.

Also, he let Kolarov's shot go through his hands and on to the bar and nearly into the top corner at 0-0 in the first leg against Roma.  That's without the fuck ups in the second leg.

Ive committed them to the past and moved on.

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ive committed them to the past and moved on.

You've definitely made the right decision.

I still have some anger inside about how he was clearly not good enough from day one and that he was still being picked until it came to bite us in the biggest game of all.  The thing is I can't  feel angry at Jurgen Klopp because he's boss and I can't even feel angry at Karius because he wasn't intentionally shit so it just bubbles about. It's not healthy!

13 minutes ago, Firminohhhh said:

Came across this article earlier - http://spursforlife.com/the-season-starts-now-liverpool-beware/

Some clueless Spud thinks that they are going to get a win on Sunday, they've not even won a league game since Harry Kane has returned. Deluded is the best way to describe this fanbase I think.

Its not exactly beyond the realms of possibility and is our hardest league game left of the season. 

• Upvote 2