You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) 31/3/2019

Bjornebye

I hate playing Spurs. They have amongst the strongest ‘spine’ in the world, but for Hugo Lloris; two excellent centre halfs in Alderweireld and Vertonghen, two dangeorus attackers in Son and Kane, and three class midfielders in Eriksen, Alli and Winks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I hate playing Spurs. They have amongst the strongest ‘spine’ in the world, but for Hugo Lloris; two excellent centre halfs in Alderweireld and Vertonghen, two dangeorus attackers in Son and Kane, and three class midfielders in Eriksen, Alli and Winks.

You don't think one of those looks out of place there mate?

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Loris has his days. He has gone backwards though. Same for Alli. What the fuck has Winks done to be classed as 'class' yet? 

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Dembele used to kill us. With him gone they don't have holding mids who are press resistant and we'll make them pay. In fact, I think Chelsea will be a tougher game than this for the simple fact that Jorginho can get them out from the back. 

Winks is quite press resistant and a better passer of the ball.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

As it we needed more evidence that racists are witless boring cunts.

Nice to see the scoreboard behind him.  Two hours later, Wijnaldum and Firmino sent the cunt home with tear-streaks down his make-up.

They're also trying to insinuate that Son is Chinese too. Morons too stupid to see their own racism.

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Loris has his days. He has gone backwards though. Same for Alli. What the fuck has Winks done to be classed as 'class' yet? 

Winks is a player I like. I think he’s very good. Lloris is shite though and has been shite for the past couple of seasons.

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If Winks plays he will be the lowest rated midfielder on either team - even if HENDO plays!!

Thats whoscored talkin at ya.

Whoscored doesn’t give you a view of ‘ceiling’ though unfortunately. Last season he ran the game against Real, even though Real had Kroos and Modric on the pitch. The two best deep-lying playmakers in the world.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Winks is a player I like. I think he’s very good. Lloris is shite though and has been shite for the past couple of seasons.

Imagine thinking Winks is great because he played well once against Real Madrid but Lloris, a world champion, is shite. Yikes.

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Imagine thinking Winks is great because he played well once against Real Madrid but Lloris, a world champion, is shite. Yikes.

Its pretty straight-forward. Djimi Traore was a woeful defender despite winning the CL for example. Giroud is a mediocre striker in spite of his World Cup ‘heroics’. Try watching them play.

• Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Being part of that World Cup winning side is no guarantee of ability. There were a few bag carriers in the 1998 one too. Loris standards have certainly dropped as Spurs defensive solidity has also. That said,at least Loris has a proven track record of being very good,this Winks lad may turn out to be good too in the future. I am glad Spurs sold Dembele as I think that transfer was madness and Spurs have suffered in the PL because of it.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Lloris is not "shite". That's crazy talk. He's a good goalkeeper. Being very good at the World Cup and winning it proves that. Pretty simple stuff.

I don't think him winning the World Cup means more than he was decent or very good even. Didn't he make a mistake in the final? But France' attacking prowess saw them through ultimately.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I don't think him winning the World Cup means more than he was decent or very good even. Didn't he make a mistake in the final? But France' attacking prowess saw them through ultimately.

He had a very good World Cup and he's been decent at Spurs for years. I can't believe it actually needs arguing that Lloris is a good keeper.

The next three games could decide if we win the title. Three horrible games one after the other. I know we should smash southampton but they are an awkward bunch. Think we will beat Chelsea as the way they are set up we could smash them. Tottenham could take points off us though. The games afterwards don't worry me at all. Don't like Wolves on the final day but hopefully they have eyes on the FA cup final the following weekend and if a win gets us the title, i think we will do it.

I would be amazed if City won all their games and if they do, then they deserve to sit with the great Liverpool, United and Arsenal teams from the past. It pains me to say that, as they are financially juiced up but as a team they are fantastic.