You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christchurch Mosque shootings

Jose Jones

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Said who? 

Yeah? 

Yes, actually. But that wasn't the point I was making. The reason for different approaches to reporting, if there is differences in reporting, is up for debate. Saying the person who makes a headline is checking his colour chart and basing it off whether he is white or not is crazy. It's a headline that shows how he was radicalised onto being 'evil far-right'. Just like this did...

D1xl8Q9X0AAkflU.jpg

and from the Telegraph

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 12.58.47.png

Honest question, mate. Do you think the (white, as it happens) author here says the these things BECAUSE the skin colour of the terrorist was brown? Do you think The Scum put about him being 'a beautiful man' because he was brown? 

In my view, this whole desire to put people into groups rather than see them as individuals is destructive. 

Ok, I retract. I hadn’t seen those headlines, there are obvious parallels 

• Upvote 1

On 15/03/2019 at 13:29, Mook said:

I'll miss him too, he went a bit haywire the last few days but I enjoyed some of his more 'challenging' ideas & he made some good points about feminism as well. A warning for some of his more racist stuff would've done in my humble opinion.

He'd already had a month ban for it and a final warning. I could (probably should) have given a permanent ban last time but I gave him a second chance. He basically just carried on the same way though. 

To clarify though, he wasn't banned for the posting of the video, although I won't have anything like that on here. If people want to watch that shit, then they can find it somewhere else on the internet other than on here.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Where you staying in Bali mate? If you stick to trendy Canggu and Seminyak area you should have no problems IMO.

Deep in the jungle dude, down in Ubud.

fly out tomorrow, to be fair it’s not a great overarching worry about the people here as everyone has been really cool. It’s just, I kind of got used to Britishness getting painted as a knobhead, and had fallen back on my Australian citizenship over the last 5 or so years, ina completely cunty way mind you, do when travelling if people asked where I was from with brexit as the main topic I would always say, nah we’re Australian, this is the first time I’ve been embarrassed to state that, and it’s not just because of that little shite hawk in NZ, as waleed Ali said, it’s not surprising or u founded what happened, it’s just made it a bit more in your face.

these horrible pricks, they say they represent the rest of us - ultimately, Mayne 5hats the only way we may seem to beanie to see sense and stop bombing tuck out of other countries, is when the fear rests with us.

i dunno, it’s a bit shit.

mo keys fucking in the street, they have much more sense than the bastards outside selling seats to watch

13 minutes ago, dave u said:

He'd already had a month ban for it and a final warning. I could (probably should) have given a permanent ban last time but I gave him a second chance. He basically just carried on the same way though. 

To clarify though, he wasn't banned for the posting of the video, although I won't have anything like that on here. If people want to watch that shit, then they can find it somewhere else on the internet other than on here.

Fair enough, Dave. I didn't realise that he'd aleady had a temporary ban & a warning when I posted.

• Upvote 1

On 15/03/2019 at 19:07, Hades said:

Those three monotheistic religions need to fuck off. My God is better than your God bollocks. Just gives psychos an excuse. 

Don’t you mean ALL religion?

You’re an Atheist aren’t you, from memory.

On 15/03/2019 at 19:31, viRdjil said:

Yup, of course the most rational explanation to this is that it’s the victims’ fault for being Muslims.

That’s not what he’s saying - or are you being sarcastic? Or do you believe what YOU are saying?

On 15/03/2019 at 19:59, Aventus said:

2 chronicles 15:13

But that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

So using his own logic he shouldn't be too surprised if a Muslim kills him, they are just responding in kind to what Christians threatened to do first. 

Good point.

On 15/03/2019 at 20:01, Hades said:

Because I'm sick of the violent killing, torture and slaughter of all animals and ideologies that justify dominion over the rest of nature?

I know you are. We all are. As another poster has recently posted, it’s a devolution of  humanity.

violence begets violence. You’ve probably been told that ‘carrots have feelings too’ and by plucking a carrot as a Vegan, and eating it, means that you are just as culpable in the perpetration of violence - however, short of a buddhist self immolation, what else can we humans do to bring the worlds eyes to our cause of non-violence?

On 15/03/2019 at 20:08, Hades said:

You support the rape and torture of animals. Give over.

If he’s limiting himself to ‘a bit of cod, or free range chicken’ then maybe not.

the problem is the labeling laws are slack. Free range chicken can still mean torture, for sure. I’ve seen the videos of the actions of extremists, who work in these places and process our ‘food’. Violence begets violence indeed.

56 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, it's not like I put it in my posts about five times, Mook. 

Mook? 

MOOOOOK??

Oh, I see what's going on. 

You're not on ignore, I hadn't read every post & I'm not party to who really knows what on here other than Dave.

Plus I'm never on the FF so have no idea what Hades has been posting on there.

On 15/03/2019 at 20:23, Hades said:

It's labeled NSFW. We're adults here. People need to know what happens in the world. Why do you want to shut down free speech?

This thread is polarised over whether the video should be available to watch or not. Some say yes, some say no. I’m still getting over “Earthlings 1 & 2” ( narrated by Joachim Phoenix) and ‘Dominion’, (which was truly horrific) , so I’m going to pass.

I’m already aware, as you know, how man has stooped below the level of so called ‘ lower animals’

13 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

If he’s limiting himself to ‘a bit of cod, or free range chicken’ then maybe not.

the problem is the labeling laws are slack. Free range chicken can still mean torture, for sure. I’ve seen the videos of the actions of extremists, who work in these places and process our ‘food’. Violence begets violence indeed.

giphy.gif

tumblr_o0xivggwFN1rmyapso1_500.gif

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

This thread is polarised over whether the video should be available to watch or not. Some say yes, some say no. I’m still getting over “Earthlings 1 & 2” ( narrated by Joachim Phoenix) and ‘Dominion’, (which was truly horrific) , so I’m going to pass.

I’m already aware, as you know, how man has stooped below the level of so called ‘ lower animals’

Oh! welcome back Hades. 

• Upvote 1