You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christchurch Mosque shootings

Jose Jones

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I’m all for egging hateful cunts. 

The issue then is firstly, who decides who is and is not a 'hateful cunt'? Is it you, me, or just anybody with a box of eggs; secondly, once egging whomever the egg-er decides is hateful becomes the norm, what's the next step (hint: it ends up with Jo Cox type situations becoming more regular); thirdly, what about retaliation from those who feel aggrieved? Corbyn was seen as the hateful cunt to be egged last week, but it could have been Nick Griffin or Tommy Shitstain. Once they get egged, which mosque or school is going to get retaliated again. Violence begets violence. Let's, rather than throwing eggs, talk about it and convince people. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The issue then is firstly, who decides who is and is not a 'hateful cunt'? Is it you, me, or just anybody with a box of eggs; secondly, once egging whomever the egg-er decides is hateful becomes the norm, what's the next step (hint: it ends up with Jo Cox type situations becoming more regular); thirdly, what about retaliation from those who feel aggrieved? Corbyn was seen as the hateful cunt to be egged last week, but it could have been Nick Griffin or Tommy Shitstain. Once they get egged, which mosque or school is going to get retaliated again. Violence begets violence. Let's, rather than throwing eggs, talk about it and convince people. 

I’d like to think I have a decent enough radar on what is hateful and what is not. I don’t think even Margaret Hodge genuinely believes that Corbyn is a hateful person. Fraser Anning is clearly a hateful cunt. He deliberately called for a “final solution” for immigrants for example. I lolled when I watched the video of him getting egged. In fact, if I heard that he got hit by a bus on his way home from that event, I might treat myself with a Hendricks G&T at the pub tonight. 

21 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I’d like to think I have a decent enough radar on what is hateful and what is not.

I'm sure you do like to think that, and I'd agree with you. But here's the thing, so does everybody. I don't doubt the killer thought he was killing hateful cunts. Hades certainly did. Let's just stop the violence altogether, I reckon. Big, small, cunt or not. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah. The whole 'white' thing is really weird. Can we stop making everything about race and skin colour. 

I’m sorry, but race plays a huge role in how these things are reported. Do you ever see newspapers humanise isis terrorists as “angelic” after they massacre 50 people? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I’d like to think I have a decent enough radar on what is hateful and what is not. I don’t think even Margaret Hodge genuinely believes that Corbyn is a hateful person. Fraser Anning is clearly a hateful cunt. He deliberately called for a “final solution” for immigrants for example. I lolled when I watched the video of him getting egged. In fact, if I heard that he got hit by a bus on his way home from that event, I might treat myself with a Hendricks G&T at the pub tonight. 

Not with cucumbers though yer filthy animal.

Here’s a weird thing, and a great way to collapse a few threads at once, I’m mooching about Bali right now in one of my favourite polo shirts.

its green and yellow

i bought it, as it was on sale, the colours had little to do with the selection (from

my perspective). 

But I feel like a bit of a twat tonight should anyone associate it with the country in which I have chosen to live.

nothing to do with the country itself

nor with 99.99% of the population, 

but all the same, how can one not feel guilt by association, if what we have allowed our society to become.

sad thing is, other countries have never know anything less, the fear of terrorism

or retaliation has been a day today existence for so many people around this world that we call civilised.

47 minutes ago, moof said:

If you think it’s ok for him to be egged you must also be fine with Jeremy Corbyn being punched in the head. That’s how it works. 

Said who? 

43 minutes ago, moof said:

Hmm... Bellingcat eh

Yeah? 

38 minutes ago, moof said:

I’m sorry, but race plays a huge role in how these things are reported. Do you ever see newspapers humanise isis terrorists as “angelic” after they massacre 50 people? 

Yes, actually. But that wasn't the point I was making. The reason for different approaches to reporting, if there is differences in reporting, is up for debate. Saying the person who makes a headline is checking his colour chart and basing it off whether he is white or not is crazy. It's a headline that shows how he was radicalised onto being 'evil far-right'. Just like this did...

D1xl8Q9X0AAkflU.jpg

and from the Telegraph

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 12.58.47.png

Honest question, mate. Do you think the (white, as it happens) author here says the these things BECAUSE the skin colour of the terrorist was brown? Do you think The Scum put about him being 'a beautiful man' because he was brown? 

In my view, this whole desire to put people into groups rather than see them as individuals is destructive. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Here’s a weird thing, and a great way to collapse a few threads at once, I’m mooching about Bali right now in one of my favourite polo shirts.

its green and yellow

i bought it, as it was on sale, the colours had little to do with the selection (from

my perspective). 

But I feel like a bit of a twat tonight should anyone associate it with the country in which I have chosen to live.

nothing to do with the country itself

nor with 99.99% of the population, 

but all the same, how can one not feel guilt by association, if what we have allowed our society to become.

sad thing is, other countries have never know anything less, the fear of terrorism

or retaliation has been a day today existence for so many people around this world that we call civilised.

Where you staying in Bali mate? If you stick to trendy Canggu and Seminyak area you should have no problems IMO.

2 hours ago, moof said:

If you think it’s ok for him to be egged you must also be fine with Jeremy Corbyn being punched in the head. That’s how it works. 

I can fully understand the desire to egg a cunt like this or laugh at something bad befalling him. He’s a weapons grade bag of shit.

To my tastes anyone wanting to egg Corbyn is an arsehole, because I think he’s a thoroughly decent human being and about as far from someone deserving of that treatment as it gets.

Here’s the thing though. The phony outrage about Corbyn being “punched” and the references to his age like he’s some frail pensioner being mugged in her kitchen, and how shameful it all is, to try and extract some capital from it, were and are fucking embarrassing.

Large part of the reason for that it’s the exact sort of hateful faux-moralising and pretend outrage being displayed by those manufacturing anti-semitism charges as a political weapon. It’s the same type of repellent behaviour, from people who spend lots of time critiquing that behaviour.

It is also incredibly predictable that those who did it wouldn’t be arsed about the principle in anything like the same way the next time an actual turd of a human who’s of similar age got egged, and lo and behold.

That attitude is even turning off lifelong supporters of the left, who don’t want to be associated with it. Not least because it makes the left itself remarkably easy to take shots at for right-wing arseholes, given it’s so obviously and demonstrably hypocritical, not to mention fucking tedious.

Hope this helps. 

• Upvote 7

27 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I can fully understand the desire to egg a cunt like this or laugh at something bad befalling him. He’s a weapons grade bag of shit.

To my tastes anyone wanting to egg Corbyn is an arsehole, because I think he’s a thoroughly decent human being and about as far from someone deserving of that treatment as it gets.

Here’s the thing though. The phony outrage about Corbyn being “punched” and the references to his age like he’s some frail pensioner being mugged in her kitchen, and how shameful it all is, to try and extract some capital from it, were and are fucking embarrassing.

Large part of the reason for that it’s the exact sort of hateful faux-moralising and pretend outrage being displayed by those manufacturing anti-semitism charges as a political weapon. It’s the same type of repellent behaviour, from people who spend lots of time critiquing that behaviour.

It is also incredibly predictable that those who did it wouldn’t be arsed about the principle in anything like the same way the next time an actual turd of a human who’s of similar age got egged, and lo and behold.

That attitude is even turning off lifelong supporters of the left, who don’t want to be associated with it. Not least because it makes the left itself remarkably easy to take shots at for right-wing arseholes, given it’s so obviously and demonstrably hypocritical, not to mention fucking tedious.

Hope this helps. 

God, why don’t you just marry him. 

31 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Well said