You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christchurch Mosque shootings

Jose Jones

You sort of think this kind of stuff shouldn't happen in New Zealand as it's such a chilled place.  

Dozens are feared dead as at least two gunmen opened fire at two central Christchurch mosques.  Shots have also been fired at Christchurch Hospital, which has activated its emergency plan and expects 40-50 victims.

One gunman, who is believed to be Australian, filmed as he shot victims in the mosque. A manifesto outlined what he was planning to do.

Stuff.co.nz reports that the shooters' rifles had Alexandre Bissonette and Luca Traini written on them - the names of mosque shooters in Italy and Canada.

9 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

You sort of think this kind of stuff shouldn't happen in New Zealand as it's such a chilled place.  

Dozens are feared dead as at least two gunmen opened fire at two central Christchurch mosques.  Shots have also been fired at Christchurch Hospital, which has activated its emergency plan and expects 40-50 victims.

One gunman, who is believed to be Australian, filmed as he shot victims in the mosque. A manifesto outlined what he was planning to do.

Stuff.co.nz reports that the shooters' rifles had Alexandre Bissonette and Luca Traini written on them - the names of mosque shooters in Italy and Canada.

Absolute fucking pricks. 

I know it’s selfish as fuck, but we’re now concerned about retaliation whilst we’re in Bali.

the politicians who stir these fucking right wing gobshites up have the blood of these people on their hands. 

Absolute bastards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Absolute fucking pricks. 

I know it’s selfish as fuck, but we’re now concerned about retaliation whilst we’re in Bali.

the politicians who stir these fucking right wing gobshites up have the blood of these people on their hands. 

Absolute bastards.

Yeah, scary stuff.

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Our first terror attack. Every other major country in the world has had them so it was only a matter of time till it got to us I guess.

A sad day. Thoughts go out to all the victims.

Now then, don’t be trying to boost yerself into the major country category on the back of this.

i wonder if there will be any calls to send him back to somewhere other than Australia and strip his citizenship, I’ve not met many black fellas by the name of Tarrant.

21 minutes ago, Hades said:

Those three monotheistic religions need to fuck off. My God is better than your God bollocks. Just gives psychos an excuse. 

Yup, of course the most rational explanation to this is that it’s the victims’ fault for being Muslims.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hades said:

There were almost certainly terrorist sympathisers among the victims.

No it’s not a unique take at all, loads of fellow bogans think the same as you Hades. This is a press release from one of the higher profile ones for example.

8AC3D520-75DC-418F-86C0-3A54F251FE03.jpeg

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

No it’s not a unique take at all, loads of fellow bogans think the same as you Hades. This is a press release from one of the higher profile ones for example.

8AC3D520-75DC-418F-86C0-3A54F251FE03.jpeg

2 chronicles 15:13

But that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

So using his own logic he shouldn't be too surprised if a Muslim kills him, they are just responding in kind to what Christians threatened to do first. 

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Take it he was voted in spouting that sort of hatred.

Yup, that sort of attitude is pretty standard in Australia, particularly amongst bogans in the backwater towns. We have a live one in Hades FFS. I had the misfortune of growing up with some of them in the boarding school I went too, we had a lot of kids from farming towns... the saddest thing is they were just like normal kids... easy to get along with, particularly if you stick to simple topics like the AFL. They just grew up in very isolated towns, where they had very little contact with people from different cultures, and the media over there is completely dominated by Murdoch.

• Upvote 2