Quantcast
Bloody Sunday Trial - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Bloody Sunday Trial

Recommended Posts

Lots of uproar about one of the Para's going to court over this. It shouldn't just be him, the fucking lot of them who were there that day should be and should have been years ago. This video below is chilling. Murder, plain and simple. 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Horrible corrupt establishment. They and the Hillsborough families have close ties and formed a close friendship.

 

Was in Derry last year and found the people lovely. Got told they are mass bouycotting the s#n and found this.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2016/oct/05/could-derrys-hillsborough-vote-on-the-sun-start-a-ball-rolling

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the tory MP who are ex army excuses and reasoning he should face charges 

 

It was ages ago, a mistake and he shouldn't be punished for that. 

 

So Er I guess that means all these old SS guards shouldn't have been tried years later either. If the government hadn't closed shop for years and gave a fuck wjen it should it wouldn't be nearly 50 years later. Still fully expect a closed shop at the top and for him to walk, same as Hillsborough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Loving the tory MP who are ex army excuses and reasoning he should face charges 

 

It was ages ago, a mistake and he shouldn't be punished for that. 

 

So Er I guess that means all these old SS guards shouldn't have been tried years later either. If the government hadn't closed shop for years and gave a fuck wjen it should it wouldn't be nearly 50 years later. Still fully expect a closed shop at the top and for him to walk, same as Hillsborough 

It was Bob Stewart and his comments were scandalous. A long time ago a young man went and served his country. Yes Bob, and he murdered innocent people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot condone the actions of those soldiers in any way on that day. Undoubtedly their actions caused more loss of life and worse tensions as the years went by. 

There are clear rules for opening fire for military personnel, I know I still have mine. Unfortunately terrorists don't have those rules, don't wear uniforms and don't respect any lives. What is now lost (because it's not like the xbox) is just how difficult serving in an area like that is, and it was considerably more difficult then than it was when I served there, and shit it was 'busy' when I was there.

 

None of that of course should in any way excuse the army for not taking action against these men 'at the time' as there can be no excuse, while it may be a difficult and dangerous job you never lower yourself to the level of terrorists, they and they alone enjoy killing innocent civilians. 

 

I can understand the anger on both sides, but justice should be done no matter the time that has passed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Captain Marvel said:

None of that of course should in any way excuse the army for not taking action against these men 'at the time' as there can be no excuse, while it may be a difficult and dangerous job you never lower yourself to the level of terrorists, they and they alone enjoy killing innocent civilians. 

Outstanding post, thie part I've quoted I find particularly relevant here, as this is exactly the kind of thing that the right wing media is already trying to whip up. 'Why are we prosecuting soldiers for doing their duty nearly 50 years ago?'. Their duty was never to cold bloodedly kill and injure innocent unarmed civilians!

 

Bob Stewart and his ilk acting like they've never heard of the Geneva convention!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, this kind of thing will always happen when you have military personnel supposedly policing a civilian population, with unidentified threats in their midst. There's a reason so many soldiers coming back from such scenarios suffer post traumatic stress disorder, as the body is always on high alert, and is prone to confusion due to the familiarity of a normal everyday environment, juxtaposed with the extreme danger. The human brain fails under those strains, and as in Vietnam, once the shooting starts, madness always follows, and massacring innocent civilians is usually the aftermath.

 

None of that excuses the actions in any way, and justice must be done, but I wouldn't want to do that job for all the money in the world. If anything, I'd say my ire was more for the people who created the scenario, and tried to cover it up afterwards.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely it should be the person who thought it would be a good idea to use the parachute regiment in the first place. I have sympathy with the troops on the ground as they followed their training. Saying that, there are crazy bastards in all walks of life and obviously the army would attract quite a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ben Sherman said:

Surely it should be the person who thought it would be a good idea to use the parachute regiment in the first place. I have sympathy with the troops on the ground as they followed their training. Saying that, there are crazy bastards in all walks of life and obviously the army would attract quite a few.

 

They were trained to open fire on unarmed civilians? 

 

And yes they should never have been in a foreign country in the first place. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×