Quantcast
Last 8 Draw - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Last 8 Draw

Recommended Posts

It's a certainly at least that there will be one all english tie and a good possibility that there will be two. Barca will get Porto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Other than Ajax and Porto and Spurs,  any side left could win it or knock out the other.   

 

I wonder how reaching the last eight will affect our seeding for next season.   Could be doing without another tough group next season. 

 

We won't be in pot 3 anymore. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I wonder how reaching the last eight will affect our seeding for next season.   Could be doing without another tough group next season. 

As league champions we get put straight into pot 1.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boss said:

 

We won't be in pot 3 anymore. 

 

Thank fuck,  that more or less guarantees a group that's it's harder to get knocked out of then not.    

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon it will be

Manchester City v Liverpool

Porto v Manchester United

Ajax v Barcelona 

Tottenham v Juventus

 

I’d like

Porto v Liverpool

Tottenham v Ajax

Barcelona v Manchester United

Manchester City v Juventus

 

Hopefully Barcelona would win the first leg 3 or 4 nil.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Not much of an issue, our fixtures around the semis are Huddersfield at home, Newcastle away, and wolves at home. 

 

If playing in a champions league semi is enough to cause dropped points vs any of them then we deserve fuck all. 

You're picking me up wrong. I'm saying it might be good to avoid them in the quarter finals so that they have plenty of fixture congestion left by having semi-final fixtures like us. I think we'll beat them at any stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love the mancs to get drawn together and Spurs to get Barca or Juve. Then we can get whoever. Them the winners of the Manc Derby vs the winner of Spurs. Don't want the hassle of playing English teams and would like to avoid Juve as a lot of shit for travelling fans to deal with. So Porto, Ajax or Barcelona I guess 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

You're picking me up wrong. I'm saying it might be good to avoid them in the quarter finals so that they have plenty of fixture congestion left by having semi-final fixtures like us. I think we'll beat them at any stage.

Yeah now I get you, I was thinking about the impact on or own fixtures, I didn't think about theirs. 

 

Pretty tasty run of fixtures they are about to run into there. I'll be surprised if they come out the other side of that in one piece. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Would love the mancs to get drawn together and Spurs to get Barca or Juve. Then we can get whoever. Them the winners of the Manc Derby vs the winner of Spurs. Don't want the hassle of playing English teams and would like to avoid Juve as a lot of shit for travelling fans to deal with. So Porto, Ajax or Barcelona I guess 

Nah, I don’t want them drawn together, I want both of them knocked out. Not arsed about Tottenham, they won’t win it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the media etc walking over 4 english teams in the quarters. Fuck all that. I hope the other 3 get twatted into orbit. 

 

I remember watching Chelsea v Bayern when the cockneys won it and some fella in the pub mouthing off at me for wanting Bayern to win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Man City V Man Utd

Juventus V Spurs

 

Liverpool v Ajax

Barcelona V Porto

 

Won't happen though

 

Imagine. All the City fans calling it a fix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love

 

Utd v Spurs

Ajax / Porto v Liverpool

 

City v Barcelona

Porto / Ajax v Juventus

 

Would probably prefer Ajax as it is a more interesting match-up.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

All the media etc walking over 4 english teams in the quarters. Fuck all that. I hope the other 3 get twatted into orbit. 

 

I remember watching Chelsea v Bayern when the cockneys won it and some fella in the pub mouthing off at me for wanting Bayern to win. 

Was on a stag with twenty scousers (mix of red and blue) the night they won that and we were all cheering for the German lads. The pub was rammed with chelsea fans. Horrible bastards they were who then started with the unfunny scouser chants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Would love

 

Utd v Spurs

Ajax / Porto v Liverpool

 

City v Barcelona

Porto / Ajax v Juventus

 

Would probably prefer Ajax as it is a more interesting match-up.

 

 

 

Man United would batter Tottenham

over two legs in the Champions League. I want them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Imagine. All the City fans calling it a fix. 

A fix in the way they haven't played anyone decent in any of the 3 cup competitions they've participated in. Apart from Chelsea in the final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boss said:

 

We won't be in pot 3 anymore. 

In amongst the 'Bayern over the hill' shite, this point has been completely overlooked. The ridiculous UEFA system has allowed a team that has made 2 European finals in the previous 3 seasons to somehow still be considered in the lower half of the participants. 

 

From that, you're always a chance of getting a bastard of a group, which is what eventually happened. So logically, the chances of a strong team finishing 2nd in the group was high, and arguably the strongest team did. 

 

Add to that Kovac's relative inexperience compared to Klopp in managerial terms, and that this Liverpool team is actually now a battle-hardened unit in Europe, and the result makes more sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

When do we find out who we have to cunt in the bastard next?

It says 12:00 GMT tomorrow so by the time they actually draw the teams I reckon we will know by Tuesday night 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, A_S said:

The ridiculous UEFA system has allowed a team that has made 2 European finals in the previous 3 seasons to somehow still be considered in the lower half of the participants. 

 

From that, you're always a chance of getting a bastard of a group, which is what eventually happened. So logically, the chances of a strong team finishing 2nd in the group was high, and arguably the strongest team did.

I remember Napoli's manager or chairman kicking off about the fact we were in pot 3, basically saying that it was a pisstake. Judging my how it turned out he was right to complain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×