Quantcast
Last 8 Draw - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Last 8 Draw

The obvious answer is Porto with the 2nd leg at Anfield but to be honest, I'm not scared of any of them. 

What I'm hoping for:

Porto v Liverpool

Man City v Juventus

Man Utd v Tottenham

Barca v Ajax

What will probably happen:

Liverpool v Juventus

Porto v Man City

Ajax v Man Utd

Tottenham v Barca 

• Upvote 1

If the mancs both get drawn at home for the same week then Uniteds fixtures get reversed to accommodate. 

Would be a bit shit if we draw united and both mancs are at home in the first leg, resulting in us playing at their place in the second leg. 

I'd take Ajax. They have some lovely players but our physicality would be too much for them. Failing that, Spurs or Porto. My heart couldn't cope with either of the Manc clubs yet.

• Upvote 1

I would rather take the best team over two legs than a final -- so Juve or Barca are fine.

The worst would be City -- not because I dont think we can beat them but the grind down to the wire in league and playing them twice during that run would suck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

I would rather take the best team over two legs than a final -- so Juve or Barca are fine.

The worst would be City -- not because I dont think we can beat them but the grind down to the wire in league and playing them twice during that run would suck.

Yeah I agree with this, plus we play English clubs all the time, it's not often that we play the Munichs, Barcas, and Juves. It would be a good experience for our team. 

Although saying that, I'd love Ajax, reckon they'd give us a good game and probably have more balls about them than Bayern did. 

Ignoring the possible teams for now, what's the ideal date for our matches? In terms of how our fixtures fall in the league around that time. 

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Just did a desk draw.

Barcelona v Juventus
Ajax v Manchester United
Porto v Tottenham Hotspur
Liverpool v Manchester City

Christ, i hope this isn't legal and binding.

6 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Yeah I agree with this, plus we play English clubs all the time, it's not often that we play the Munichs, Barcas, and Juves. It would be a good experience for our team. 

Although saying that, I'd love Ajax, reckon they'd give us a good game and probably have more balls about them than Bayern did. 

Ignoring the possible teams for now, what's the ideal date for our matches? In terms of how our fixtures fall in the league around that time. 

Friday 5 April - Southampton away. 8pm ko

Tuesday 9/Wednesday 10 - QF first leg

Sunday 14 April - Chelsea, home 4.30 ko

Tuesday 16/ Wednesday 17 April QF second leg. 

Sunday 21 April - Cardiff away, 4.00 ko 

• Like 1

Previous champions:

Liverpool 5
Barcelona 5
Ajax 4
Manchester United 3

Juventus 2

Porto 2

Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City 0

• Upvote 1

I've every confidence that we'd beat City over two legs, but in doing so we'd ease the pressure on them domestically in terms of match frequency.

Good fucking headaches and dilemmas to have though, eh?

Ideally, I'd like the Manc clubs to be paired together. They have a league game soon afterwards, and I'd also like them to meet in the FA Cup in the semi finals (I think both win win their quarter finals), which take place around that time too. Four fixtures against the same opposition in a very short space of time, with the media going into overdrive about the derby, local bragging rights, and pressure to win.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I've every confidence that we'd beat City over two legs, but in doing so we'd ease the pressure on them domestically in terms of match frequency.

Good fucking headaches and dilemmas to have though, eh?

Not much of an issue, our fixtures around the semis are Huddersfield at home, Newcastle away, and wolves at home. 

If playing in a champions league semi is enough to cause dropped points vs any of them then we deserve fuck all. 

Other than Ajax and Porto and Spurs,  any side left could win it or knock out the other.   

I wonder how reaching the last eight will affect our seeding for next season.   Could be doing without another tough group next season.