You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Last 8 Draw

Bjornebye

32 minutes ago, Boss said:

Porto are a good side. We can't afford to let our guard down regardless of what happened last year. Everyone's got to be up for this, the fans likewise. Got to create a crazy atmosphere at Anfield. 

Yep. Julio Cesar and his wonderful hands have shown tremendous character, but now it’s up to the team and the fans. 

I'd forgotten this was happening, which shows you how relaxed I was about the whole thing. As good a draw as we could expect really. Not an enviable draw for the other English teams. I'll think about the semi only if we get past Porto.

Meanwhile, over on Spurscommunity.....

Is that guy doing the draw Ranieri’s brother or something?

You know it’s going to be Barca or Juve #itsinevitablelads

draw the fucking balls already!!

My interest in Julio Cesar stands at zero

What happened to the good all days when you’d have this chick with big boobs and a low cut dress doing the draw? Life isn’t fair.

Get the Feck on with it!!

Always thought he had a really fat head.

I want us home in the second leg as Im not going to be able to go to the match if we are at home first.

Aand we're off. Only 12 minutes of faff beforehand, must be a record.

Ajax v Juve. One all-English tie guaranteed.

Jammy bastards

Oh F off Liverpool - Porto

Pool v Porto. FFS lucky gits again

Liverpool the jammy twats

Yeah sure.

Hi Barca

fkn kissed Dippers, fuck off

FFS

what a surprise, easy for Liverpool again

Spurs v City.

Of course.

FUCK OFF, Liverpool with the easiest draw YET AGAIN! And fuck off to us vs City. Cya.

Couldn't be worse, lol

We get fucked. Fucking fucked. Fuck.

And Spurs fans starting conspiracies about themselves....

Will make a mockery of the competition if Man City win it and then UEFA ban them next season. They wont want that, I'm expecting the ref to be on our side with any luck

Painfully average long ball team?

toffee-L

Player Valuation: £8m
Why on earth do you do this to yourself?
It is total lunacy for anyone to be that confident. Even though the RS look a very plainly average, long ball team when watching them, they do not concede many goals at all and when you don't concede goals - you've got a chance against anyone. 

They've practically got a bye into a champions league semi final with this draw. Why anyone here is doing cartwheels at this news I'll never know

Steve0 has had more time to apply his intellect to the situation.

Steve0

Player Valuation: £40m
Four extra games and no chance of beating Barcelona over two legs. 

VVD is good at dealing with balls int he air but a bit of an oaf on the floor and incredibly one footed. Messi sitting on his left all game will terrorize him.

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Steve0

VVD is good at dealing with balls int he air but a bit of an oaf on the floor and incredibly one footed. Messi sitting on his left all game will terrorize him.

Huge if true. Hope we kept the receipt. 

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Steve0

'......a bit of an oaf on the floor....'  I actually laughed out loud at this. This is a guy (assuming he's not a WUM) that supports a team with Zouma and Keane in their defence.

10 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

And that Tottenham fan - how exactly did we get the "easiest draw again" when they got Dortmund and we got Bayern in the last round?

I work with alot of them.

Dortmund were top of the league when they first played them. They were better than Barca. Fact.

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Good draw on the face of it, but for the time being there’s a nagging fear of the fates conspiring to spawn United through against Barcelona and us out at the hands of Porto.

Then we'll have played shite and have no one to blame but ourselves. 

Porto are muck.   No where near the quality of the rest of the teams,  Ajax aside & many of the teams that have exited. 

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

Decent draw.

I’d say Man City have got a better one, but you can’t get to the final from here without playing someone good.

Hopefully we get through and play Barca in the semi.

Thing is, when you play another English team in both cup and league consecutively, especially in Europe, the results usually tend to be mixed don’t they.

Hopefully them playing Spurs so many times in quick succession has an impact on the league game between them.

• Upvote 1