You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Last 8 Draw

Bjornebye

Great draw although I think Porto will be tough to break down.  If we do progress then I'm happier facing either Barca or the Mancs over two legs than in the final.  

Great draw for City too. They've really had the luck of the draw this season. 

The Porto away leg will have to be on the Wednesday. We play Chelsea on the Sunday and that game can't be moved because Chelsea play in the Europa League the previous Thursday. 

For the first leg we have our league game at Southampton on a Friday night. Shit for the travelling fans but good that we have the weekend off to prepare.

Moyes made me laugh , although quite what qualifies the daft prick to comment on UTD's draw baffles me. Hardly a legend at the toilet.

Speaking about Manchester United's tie with Barcelona, former Old Trafford boss David Moyes said: "It's an incredibly tough draw but a great draw. After beating Paris Saint-Germain you can take anybody on.

Yes David if you get an incredibly lucky , incorrect VAR decision to scrape through on away goals you can take anybody on.  I fancy EUFA will not be handing out freebies in this tie.

Perhaps you could comment on Everton's draw for us ....

1 minute ago, Jenson said:

Think that will be a tough 3 games for City against Spurs, lots of potential for running battles and injuries in what will be very physical games I'm sure

I fear Spurs will not fight too hard in the league game and save all energies for the second leg assuming they are still in the tie.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The Porto away leg will have to be on the Wednesday. We play Chelsea on the Sunday and that game can't be moved because Chelsea play in the Europa League the previous Thursday. 

For the first leg we have our league game at Southampton on a Friday night. Shit for the travelling fans but good that we have the weekend off to prepare.

When do they announce actual dates etc ?

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I fear Spurs will not fight too hard in the league game and save all energies for the second leg assuming they are still in the tie.

I don't think Spurs will be safe in the Top 4, so unless they're going to put all their eggs into winning the whole competition to qualify for next year, I would be surprised if they took it easy in the league game.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Boss said:

Porto are a good side. We can't afford to let our guard down regardless of what happened last year. Everyone's got to be up for this, the fans likewise. Got to create a crazy atmosphere at Anfield. 

Aye, the external reaction is likely to be thankless after the beating we gave them last year.

Just getting through will be enough this time as they’ll be motivated like nobody’s business.

2nd placed Porto play 3rd placed Braga away in the league, then the same again in a cup semi-final (Porto leading 3-0). 

Hopefully Liverpool can build a nice lead at home before the crucial Chelsea game days later, with them returning from the Czech Republic and a day's less rest.