You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Last 8 Draw

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Other than Ajax and Porto and Spurs,  any side left could win it or knock out the other.   

I wonder how reaching the last eight will affect our seeding for next season.   Could be doing without another tough group next season. 

We won't be in pot 3 anymore. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Not much of an issue, our fixtures around the semis are Huddersfield at home, Newcastle away, and wolves at home. 

If playing in a champions league semi is enough to cause dropped points vs any of them then we deserve fuck all. 

You're picking me up wrong. I'm saying it might be good to avoid them in the quarter finals so that they have plenty of fixture congestion left by having semi-final fixtures like us. I think we'll beat them at any stage.

Would love the mancs to get drawn together and Spurs to get Barca or Juve. Then we can get whoever. Them the winners of the Manc Derby vs the winner of Spurs. Don't want the hassle of playing English teams and would like to avoid Juve as a lot of shit for travelling fans to deal with. So Porto, Ajax or Barcelona I guess 

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

You're picking me up wrong. I'm saying it might be good to avoid them in the quarter finals so that they have plenty of fixture congestion left by having semi-final fixtures like us. I think we'll beat them at any stage.

Yeah now I get you, I was thinking about the impact on or own fixtures, I didn't think about theirs. 

Pretty tasty run of fixtures they are about to run into there. I'll be surprised if they come out the other side of that in one piece. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Would love the mancs to get drawn together and Spurs to get Barca or Juve. Then we can get whoever. Them the winners of the Manc Derby vs the winner of Spurs. Don't want the hassle of playing English teams and would like to avoid Juve as a lot of shit for travelling fans to deal with. So Porto, Ajax or Barcelona I guess 

Nah, I don’t want them drawn together, I want both of them knocked out. Not arsed about Tottenham, they won’t win it.

All the media etc walking over 4 english teams in the quarters. Fuck all that. I hope the other 3 get twatted into orbit. 

I remember watching Chelsea v Bayern when the cockneys won it and some fella in the pub mouthing off at me for wanting Bayern to win. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

All the media etc walking over 4 english teams in the quarters. Fuck all that. I hope the other 3 get twatted into orbit. 

I remember watching Chelsea v Bayern when the cockneys won it and some fella in the pub mouthing off at me for wanting Bayern to win. 

Was on a stag with twenty scousers (mix of red and blue) the night they won that and we were all cheering for the German lads. The pub was rammed with chelsea fans. Horrible bastards they were who then started with the unfunny scouser chants.

41 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Would love

Utd v Spurs

Ajax / Porto v Liverpool

City v Barcelona

Porto / Ajax v Juventus

Would probably prefer Ajax as it is a more interesting match-up.

Man United would batter Tottenham

over two legs in the Champions League. I want them out.

3 hours ago, Boss said:

We won't be in pot 3 anymore. 

In amongst the 'Bayern over the hill' shite, this point has been completely overlooked. The ridiculous UEFA system has allowed a team that has made 2 European finals in the previous 3 seasons to somehow still be considered in the lower half of the participants. 

From that, you're always a chance of getting a bastard of a group, which is what eventually happened. So logically, the chances of a strong team finishing 2nd in the group was high, and arguably the strongest team did. 

Add to that Kovac's relative inexperience compared to Klopp in managerial terms, and that this Liverpool team is actually now a battle-hardened unit in Europe, and the result makes more sense. 

32 minutes ago, A_S said:

The ridiculous UEFA system has allowed a team that has made 2 European finals in the previous 3 seasons to somehow still be considered in the lower half of the participants. 

From that, you're always a chance of getting a bastard of a group, which is what eventually happened. So logically, the chances of a strong team finishing 2nd in the group was high, and arguably the strongest team did.

I remember Napoli's manager or chairman kicking off about the fact we were in pot 3, basically saying that it was a pisstake. Judging my how it turned out he was right to complain.