You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Last 8 Draw

Bjornebye

The obvious answer is Porto with the 2nd leg at Anfield but to be honest, I'm not scared of any of them. 

What I'm hoping for:

Porto v Liverpool

Man City v Juventus

Man Utd v Tottenham

Barca v Ajax

What will probably happen:

Liverpool v Juventus

Porto v Man City

Ajax v Man Utd

Tottenham v Barca 

• Upvote 1

If the mancs both get drawn at home for the same week then Uniteds fixtures get reversed to accommodate. 

Would be a bit shit if we draw united and both mancs are at home in the first leg, resulting in us playing at their place in the second leg. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

I would rather take the best team over two legs than a final -- so Juve or Barca are fine.

The worst would be City -- not because I dont think we can beat them but the grind down to the wire in league and playing them twice during that run would suck.

Yeah I agree with this, plus we play English clubs all the time, it's not often that we play the Munichs, Barcas, and Juves. It would be a good experience for our team. 

Although saying that, I'd love Ajax, reckon they'd give us a good game and probably have more balls about them than Bayern did. 

Ignoring the possible teams for now, what's the ideal date for our matches? In terms of how our fixtures fall in the league around that time. 

6 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Yeah I agree with this, plus we play English clubs all the time, it's not often that we play the Munichs, Barcas, and Juves. It would be a good experience for our team. 

Although saying that, I'd love Ajax, reckon they'd give us a good game and probably have more balls about them than Bayern did. 

Ignoring the possible teams for now, what's the ideal date for our matches? In terms of how our fixtures fall in the league around that time. 

Friday 5 April - Southampton away. 8pm ko

Tuesday 9/Wednesday 10 - QF first leg

Sunday 14 April - Chelsea, home 4.30 ko

Tuesday 16/ Wednesday 17 April QF second leg. 

Sunday 21 April - Cardiff away, 4.00 ko 

• Like 1

Ideally, I'd like the Manc clubs to be paired together. They have a league game soon afterwards, and I'd also like them to meet in the FA Cup in the semi finals (I think both win win their quarter finals), which take place around that time too. Four fixtures against the same opposition in a very short space of time, with the media going into overdrive about the derby, local bragging rights, and pressure to win.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I've every confidence that we'd beat City over two legs, but in doing so we'd ease the pressure on them domestically in terms of match frequency.

Good fucking headaches and dilemmas to have though, eh?

Not much of an issue, our fixtures around the semis are Huddersfield at home, Newcastle away, and wolves at home. 

If playing in a champions league semi is enough to cause dropped points vs any of them then we deserve fuck all.